Diagnosis
08/2017
Country
CA
State
BC
City
New Westminster
This not a story of hope in particular but I think this is the best place to post it. A friend of mine was a high profile producer at CBC for many years. He now produces podcasts and he very kindly offered to do one for me.

If you don't know what a podcast is, think of it as an on demand radio program. A podcasting app allows you to search through a listing (a directory of every registered podcast) and subscribe to one or more. Once subscribed, every time a new one in the series is released it will show in the app and allow you to click on it to play.

There are thousands of them now of differing quality. Pretty much any subject you can think of has a podcast. Anyone with difficulties like we have can enjoy this form of media. You can listen on a PC, phone, tablet, etc.

My podcast is called My Friend Ted. You can click on the link, Google "My Friend Ted", or search for it on your podcasting app.

While I am on the subject, here are my favorites:
This American Life
Serial
The Daily
Words Matter
American Elections, The Wicked Game
Radio diaries

Enjoy!

I just listened to your first podcast and thought it was so well done. Thank you

Thanks Kate. Robert has been a Media Advisor for many years and among the best!

I just listened to the one on “Hope”. I agree — interesting and well-done. I felt like I was hearing about this guy with a sad, sh$tty disease, and then it dawned on me I have the same sad, sh$tty disease! Trippy....
Our journeys are parallel and similar in so many ways. It was actually good to hear it from another’s perspective.

That one was dated September 26, 2019. Do you have more recent ones to share with us?

There are three, soon to be four Karen. The bottom one is the first in the series, "Do what you can." The newest one adds to the top of the list.

Last edited:
Ted,

I listened to the first one. I'm glad you have Robin.
I subscribed to the Podcast. I'll probably listen to the other three tomorrow.

PS: Post a picture of your younger days. I want to see if I agree that you look like MJ.

I'll try to find one Kim.

Karen, you are referring to me and not Ted in your comment?

I wasn’t referring to you. Sorry.

I look forward to listening to them, thanks so much for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back