Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Lake Forest
I wanted to let everyone know that my friend Linda (PALS) died very peacefully at home with her family and close friends by her side.

Thank you all for being a place where I was able to learn more about how to help Linda with her battle with ALS and share my fears and frustrations. After 41/2 years of being by Linda's side as she courageously lived with ALS I feel blessed to have been available to help her until her final breath on Thursday night. All who witnessed her death agree that it is possible to die with peace. If ever there were a beautiful death hers was it.
She would want me to tell you all that the reason she was able to die in peace was her faith in God and His goodness. That may sound odd given the nature of this horrible disease called ALS. But He is good and Linda's faith in that helped her face it all with courage and grace. She knew without a doubt that she would be in Heaven with her Lord and Saviour Jesus the moment she took her last breath on earth.

My prayers will be with all of you as I now find a new direction for my life.

With love to you all,
Jeanne

I am so sorry to hear of Linda's passing. We have lost quite a few friends in the last month or so. I am glad she is at peace and had an easy transition with loving friends and family with her. Our sincerest condolences to you and the family. AL and the rest of the Forum Staff.

Jeanie, I'm so sorry to hear of Linda passing on, but I know she is in the most peaceful, restful, place she has been for years now. It was so wonderful to hear of her faith in God and that she went in peace.

May God bless you for your kindness to her over the past years. I know she must have been very special and so are you to have went on this journey together with her.

God Bless
Capt. AL

Jeanie
I'm sorry for the heavy heart your feeling right now. Linda is now in a place where ALS does not exist. Find peace in that.. My sincere condolences

Donna

Jeanne, I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your friend. My mom passed away less than two weeks ago. I feel like I just woke up from an extremely bad dream. Unfortunately it wasn't a dream, it was very real. My thoughts are with you, Corinne

Linda's passing

Hi Jeanne,

I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your friend Linda. How are you holding up?

I know from personal experience of caring for my mom 24/7 for over 2 years that it is a very demanding, sad, frustrating and yet somehow a very rewarding experience knowing that you did all you could. I was with my mom at the beginning of this terrible disease and with her when she died and it was very peaceful, thank God.

I commend you on your love and loyalty to your dear friend. I believe she is at peace now.

Please take heart in knowing that people here understand.

God bless you,

SoniaT
Vancouver, BC

HI jeane

Hello, Just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Linda's family. She is at peace now. My son'in'law Jack has ALS and his Mom is very ill with Emphysema she is at Jack and Stephanie's home. Ruth is my dear friend . We as a family are all helping care for the two of them. Hope there is family and friends support at your end. We need support! Take care. Fondly, Beebe

Thank you all for your kind words of comfort

Today was Linda's memorial service. It was a beautiful celebration of her love for life and family and friends. Over 400 attended. What a comfort for her family to see that so many people loved her. We are all missing Linda terribly but so happy that she is finally free from ALS and dancing in Heaven with her Lord.

I, along with several of Linda's girlfriends made 50 identical crystal beaded bracelets to wear to remember her. This project has turned into a fundraising effort for the ALS Association of Orange County. So far we've collected over $1,200.00 and have orders for many more.

I will always remember Linda and the courageous battle she fought against this awful disease. I'll keep praying for a cure and always be thankful for the support you all provided to me.

May God bless each and every one of you. Happy Thanksgiving.
Much Love,
Jeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back