CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
Hello all-
It has been a long time since I have visited / posted -- i had begun to be consumed by the deterioration of my friend John. - John has been granted Mercy and peace. He enjoyed his grandson for 2 months before ALS forced him into a fast final stage progression - which is what he was always truly fearful of was the final stages where he would be helpless and depend on his wife and homecare for every need. John kept his dignity - being able to retain the ability to take care of his daily personal needs. Although I certaily miss my dear brother, I am glad that god granted him this merciful, quick final stage.

Thank you all for those of you who have supported me - and My dear friend and sister in spirit : Gina -you are truly a gift from God - that you have held my hand, eased my mind and heart.

My family and I will continue to fund raise for ALSA in honor of John Blankush

May God grant you all Peace.

Peggy

Peggy,

I am sorry for the lost of your dear friend John. He was very lucky to have you as a friend.

Sorry for your loss Peggy. May John rest in peace...

God bless you Peggy, I'm sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you can find peace in your memories.

Hi friend, I often wondered about you and John, you were a true hero for als. I often think of the wonderful things you did, the fndraiser at school. I am grateful to have you in our corner. I wrap you in a hug, bless John and his dear family and friends..

Thank you

Thank you all and I hope you all find peace.

I will continue to fundraise for a cure to this terrible disease

Peggy what can i say?I know that John was much more than a friend to you and your sweet familly.You trully added so much richness and Joy to his final Days on this earth.When other people shyed away you did not let the disease scare you away!Friends on this forum Peggy is being modest when she says that she helped him and the familly she trully went above and beyond that.She wrote the most beautifull poem for his memorial service...the most heartfelt words and a reminder to all of us just how precious life is.May John rest in peace and may you my friend find comfort in all the joy you brought to him and the familly!God Bless you my dear sister and the sooo many that loved him and knew about all his struggles and what a courageous man he was because of you and your familly. I pray that soon someone somewhere with Gods help will find a cure for this horrible disease and my thoughts and prayers are with you all that continue to struggle and face everyday with courage!God bless you all!Gina

Sorry for your loss Peggy.

AL.

Hello Peggy- I am sorry you lost your good friend. Both he and his family were lucky to have you in their lives.

Be sure to let us know if you plan any more fundraisers. I remember the duct-tape fundraiser. Very inventive!
Regards, Cindy

Thank you CindyM yes - we are running a Pie throwing contest this month with 6 kid friendly teachers who are willing to put their face on the line! ( yes - i am one of them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back