Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
My dear husband of 40 years and best friend, Frank, passed away early this morning. My daughter and I held his hand and he passed peacefully.

He handled this disease with such grace and was always optimistic. He is home with the Lord and now dancing, talking, and especially eating-- all the things he missed so very much.

I have such a deep hole in my heart but am so grateful that this is finally over for both of us. I cared for him by myself and it has been such a very long journey. It will take me a while to adapt to a life outside of ALS.

Thank you to all of you who gave me your support and answered my questions. Thank you, Laurie, for all your help with bipap settings. Thank you, Tillie, for giving us a reason to smile looking at your wonderful koalas. Thank you, Kate, for messaging me when I was so down that I felt I would never recover.

Rest in peace, my Love, until we meet again.

Sharon

Sharon,

I am so very sorry. You and Frank had such a long hard journey. I am glad to hear that his passing was peaceful. In the end, I think that is the best we can hope for them. He is now flying free.

I pray that the love you shared brings you comfort and peace. Hugs, my friend. ❤

I am sorry for your loss, glad he is free and had a peaceful passing.

he was very lucky to have you

I’m sorry for your loss. Fly free, Frank.

Sharon,

You gave Frank everything you had, and then more. There is a life past ALS, though not without it, that you will reclaim.

Much peace and strength to you and your daughter.

Best,
Laurie

Sharon, you are in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sharon.

Sharon, we are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your daughter. Fly free Frank!

Sharon,

I am so sorry for your loss of Frank. I am glad that his passing was peaceful and that you were able to share your love to the end. I hope you can find comfort in that you gave him all you had for so many years. Wishing you healing, comfort, and peace. Kate

Sharon, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved.

Oh Sharon, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking to lose the very best to this beast. Yet I can tell that Frank has left you with so very much by the person that he was and you carry that forever and it can't be taken from you.
Much love to you - the other side is hard in its own way too, but you have family here 💗

Sharon - I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend and husband. May you find that he continues to steady you as you make your way in each new day.

My best...

Jim

Sharon,

Sorry for your loss, you we’re an amazing caregiver, hope you find some comfort and peace in that going forward. Annie

So sorry for your loss. Hugs

Sharon I am so very sorry for your loss, and at the same time thankful Frank has gained his wings and is residing in heaven Hopefully he and Brian will meet each other and do some of that dancing together. So happy you and your daughter could be by his side. You are in my prayers for peace and strength.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back