Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
I wanted all of you to know why I haven't been on the Forum lately. Now I am looking after two Brothers. I am so greatful to have them. Please read:

Saturday, April 26th. My brother Dale 48 who is my brother Tim’s (with ALS) best friend and assist in the Care Giving for Tim, was building a fence for a Couple. At 6:30 pm he literally dropped dead of a Heart Attack. The lady he was working for, happened to be a Nurse and started CPR right away and her husband called 911. He did not have a pulse. It took ten minutes for the Paramedics to get there. They worked on him on spot. They paddled him four times. The hospital was about ten minutes away. When they got to the hospital no heart beat, my brother Ron and their neighbor was at the hospital. My brother Ron stopped the doctors and nurses before wheeling Dale in to the room to work on him. Ron put his hands on Dale and Prayed for him to Live.
The doctors and nurses were stunned, the Nurse cried. Meanwhile I was called to get there, that my brother was not going to live. They got a vague heart beat and put Dale on a medication to clinically raise his heart beat and he was on Life support. When I got there they told me that no one could live for more than ten minutes without oxygen to the Brain, and not be brain damaged. Well, Dale went thirty five minutes without oxygen to the brain, total resuscitation time one hour and five minutes. The doctor told me he would not live. They put Dale on an anesthesia type medication to keep his brain relaxed and tool a CT scan. I was overwhelmed with grief. I talked to my brother just like he could here me. I told him he was strong and I knew he could make it. That we were hard headed and strong. And that I knew he was strong. I stayed at the hospital until late into the night, I left and went to check on Tim. Tim was so strong and amazing and Praying for Dale. This would kill Tim he would not be able to take it. He loves me and Dale so much. We have the same father, who deceased this week seven years ago.
I arrived home, I have a small bench by our bed. I kneeled down on my knees and Prayed: God, My brother needs you. Our family cannot take this. My heart, emotionally cannot take much more. Please save my brother. Let him live and make him normal again. We need and love our brother. God, please help him and us. Amen

The next day I went when ever I wanted. They did not keep me away. No matter what the visitation hours were. Again, I talked to my brother as if he could here me. Sunday night, the nurse told me that they had let up on the medication for his brain, and he responded to them by squeezing their hand. But could not breathe on his on. Monday, the same thing. The nurse Monday night was the same one there Saturday night. She told me that when she was with him Saturday, she just knew he would not live. Clinically he just could not do it. The Doctor told me the same thing. At 2:15 am Tuesday morning, the same nurse called me in tears. She told me that she let up on the same medication and he responded to her and squeezed her hand, she asked him a question and he tried to shake his head. He could not talk because of the tubes. She was so happy and said she knew I would want her to call me. I laid in bed crying. I was so happy. Still they didn’t know if he would be brain damaged. That it was likely. His CT scan came back good, so there was no swelling or bleeding of the brain.

Tuesday morning I get there and my brother was awake. I was so happy. He was real groggy, but awake. He was breathing on his own. Tuesday afternoon, they put him in a room. I went down there and he talked to me. He did not remember what happed from about two days before he had the heart attack and died. He was having short term memory problems. He could not remember anything that happened five minutes ago. Wednesday they did a heart cath. He had two blocked arteries in the front of his heart. When he was laying there recovering, he told me and my Mom. You see those blue skies up there? Jesus is there. We looked at each other and tears ran down our face. The doctor gave me a choice of options for him. So on Thursday, they put two stints in those arteries. And put him on plavix. Friday morning, I took Dale home. He doesn’t have insurance, so I think they let him go early. Still with some short term memory problems.
I went and filled all his medications. And got everything he needed. The Doctor’s have no clinical reason my brother is alive and functioning. The paramedics call him and the nurses. They cannot believe it, still. But, we know. God performed a miracle. My brother is a Miracle. No one can get over it. It is amazing. Thank you God for letting my brother live to be with Tim and us. I am now a true believer in Miracles now.

He is having some problems, nothing we can't handle.

Dale calls me every morning, he will say: Good morning Sister Dear. (slowly) I love you. Thank you for being my sister and loving me. I tell him don’t thank me, it’s an honor. I tell him I love him to.

I am really proud of my family. Tim is so strong inside. I am amazed with him.

Please keep us in your heart and prayers. I am really tired right now. But I am still going!

Lorie

Lori

Lori, Sometimes we wonder if it'll ever get better. Seems there is one heartache after another,but Dale is a miracle. How much can one person endure. You are all fighters and that's the only way to survive the test you have been given. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Fondly, Beebe

Hi Lorie! Thanks for sharing this with us. Wow, I was wondering why you have not been online. You bet Dale is a miracle. God is on your side. God is leaving Dale with his family for a reason. God is real. He is an awesome God, too. I have always believed in prayers. If you seek Him, He will not run from you. I am so glad to hear that he made it. Give Tim our love as well. You take care of yourself, and keep us posted. God bless! Keep praying!

Irma

Everyone of faith says the Lord only gives you what he knows you can deal with. I think he needs to move on to someone else. You've had enough Lorie.
AL.

Dear Lorie

Your beautiful story of your brother receiving a miracle gives us hope!

Jesus is still in the miracle business just as He was 2,000 years ago. We just need the faith of a mustard seed and He will do the rest.

I pray everyday for a miracle cure for ALS and for every person afflicted with this disease. I am excited to see the results!

P.U.S.H.= PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS!

Patty:)

What a tragic yet wonderful story. God is faithful. Miracles do happen.

Lorie, you are such an amazing person. You have shown to me and many others the amount of trials and tribulations one person can endure IF they have faith. I just want to personally thank you for your story and the great example you have set for us all. What a blessing.

I am so thankful that God heard the prayers of your family and not only heard but answered them. I am sure your brother's testimony will touch many people. You cannot have a testimony without a test. I know that no one like to hear that, but it is true. That sure was a big one.

May God continue to bless your brother and your family. You sure deserve a time of peace and rest after all this has happened. I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayer.

Amazing story, Lorie! You guys are an awesome family. I am sure with your support, Dale will continue to improve! Cindy

lorie

i am so sorry to hear what happened to your brother, but at the same time pleased to know he is doing better. your family sure does have the fighting spirit in your genes.
i read your mri was ok, still no definate answer yet though. like al said i hope someone gives you a break, you have had enough heartache.
as always you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
god bless
caroline:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back