jennibf

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AL
City
Centreville
You all know that I am waiting for my UAB appointment but my eye has joined in the twitching now and it is driving me so insane. I just had to say it. Do I feel better? NO. It is twitching constantly. If I prop it open with a tooth pick, will that help? What if I cut off all of my eyelashes? How about if I tape it shut?

And excessive saliva.....is there a drool cup I can attach to my chin or should I create one with super glue? Will my throat collapse from constantly trying to swallow drool?

I'm wondering how I'll look with no eyelashes, my eye taped shut and a drool cup attached to my chin? Of course I would dress nicely.

8)
:evil:

I'm not laughing at you, but rather with you! You paint quite a picture of yourself:-D

One night a week or so ago, I woke up in such a frustrated stupor because the (HORRID) CPAP kept blowing my mouth open whenever I'd actually achieve a true sleep state, and I went into the bathroom, and got out the paper micropure tape ( I was coherent enough to know I'm allergic to regular tape LOL) and I tried to tape my jaws shut. I didn't want the tape over my lips because it would hurt to pull off, and I thought I'd feel claustrophobic (what can I say, I was half asleep and miserable) so I ran the tape under my chin and up onto my cheeks to right below my eyes on each side, and crawled back in the bed.

And no, as anyone truly awake would realize, this does not work, like at all .:|

The CPAP and Bipap sellers do sell a chin strap that works much better than tape I'm told. Should have used 100 mile an hour tape also known as duct tape Rose.

AL.

Jenn

the eye twitch will go away. I had one for 2 weeks straight and It did finally go away! Hang in there. Sorry to say that it stayed so long but it has not been back for months, in that area anyway!

Jenni,

I vote for the super glue. Duct tape is too obvious and can be difficult to work with.

Z

Jenn ... egad, are we having fun yet?

For the twitching eye: how about an eye patch, and let it twitch its little heart out in private? I've been threatening to get one for my double vision. I picture something along the lines of a drawing of an eye, crossed, staring at the bridge of my nose.

As for the drool ... you could cover up the drool cup with a feather boa ...

I'd leave the eyelashes. I think the patch and boa make enough of a fashion statement, especially if they are color coordinated with your chic outfit.

For my own drool ... I have decided to donate it to the environment, and just crawl around on my hands and knees, watering the lawn.

Last edited:
Oh Beth, that was just too much!

You answer for Jenni sure beat out mine! I award you 3 smileys:-D:-D:-D

Z

Jenn,

I had eye twitches twice for a month at a time. It is very annoying but it will stop, it could be from all the stress. Both times it happened to me I had an argument with my husband.

They are very common even for normal people, not that we are not normal.

I know the extra saliva is the worst. I am not drooling yet. I have been gagging every morning and vomitting.

Oh the fun of all this.

Maybe all us droolers can get together and sing, "I feel pretty ... oh, so pretty!"

Crystal, you're an honorary drooler. Sorry, Kim, you don't make the cut. :)

Ha ha ha......... Oh Beth, we wish you lived next door to us! You're a blast of fresh air!
Rick (PALS) and Marjorie (CALS)

Beth,

Thank you for the title!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back