Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Spring
I went for my EMG on May 25 and the doc woudn't really tell me a whole lot just that there are some abnormalities and wants to do it again in July. I had taken everyones advice and convinced myself it was my thyroid but now I'm scared and worried again. The twitching is still here, worse in the morning and at night...not so bad during the day. My tongue is also twitching now, no problem swallowing or slurred speech. I still have the weird feeling in my foot as if there were a knot on the ball of my foot, makes it weird to walk. When I bend my foot upwards on my right leg there is an indention next ot my shin bone. I didn't show my doc b/c I was scared at the time but I have weird denting in the muscle under the thumb on my right hand. The only things that give me any kind of hope that this could be something else is I feel like I have to pee all the time (n oinfections...went to pcp for it) and no weakness. I am goin on vacation in two weeks and don't know how I am going to enjoy myself w/all this on my mind. Any suggestions? THanks

Hang in there Renee. I have been thru the same thing.

I'm glad to see you back, althought...wish you wouldn't have to have come back (due to your issues going away).

The waiting game is horrible.

If you need to know, call the neuro's office, ask them if there were any Fibriluations or Positive Sharp Waves or Any Fasics. Also, if there were any or all, ask, for the detailed report.

They have to give you your medical records.

If it was abnormal, i would immediately make an appt. at an MDA / ALS clinic. Get your results first, this way you can send them to the clinic.

Please try to relax and enjoy the time you ahve with your family, wether it be 50 years or 5 years.

Think of it this way, you've been gifted to spend precious time with them. some are not that lucky. I know it's hard, i'm 32, two kids, my girl will be one year old this saturday and my boy is 6. I've got a beautiful wife, who is the love of my life.

When we fight, it's about my sickness...it's ashame, but, she is scared right now.

Renee, i have to pee all the time too...i pee all night long and when i have to go, i have to go.

i don't have any weakness either.

I'm still undiag, but feel it's only a matter of time. I go to the ALS clinic on June 18.

take care and ask all you want.

rgds,

jamie

Renee-

Have you seen an urologist? It seems that is a major symptom you are having and perhaps that might be the root of your problem. There are lots of conditions that would cause your frequency of urination besides an infection.

As to the dent by your shin, I would think that is normal, as I have shin dents when bending my foot upwards and I am a CALS not a PALS. Atrophy is usually very easy to spot, as the muscle declines the skin hangs or sags and your limb will seem proportionately smaller than it should be. If you are right sided, your right side would most likely be bigger than the left due to more muscle use on that side. If indeed you do have atrophy I would think you would be experiencing weakness and "clumsiness."

As to the feeling on the ball of your foot- it could be the beginning of plantar fasciitis.

Anyway I'm not a doc, just some thoughts I had.

I sincerely hope you can resolve this and find out what is wrong. But in the mean time try to stay positive and live for the day.

cj

From all that I have read, not having weakness is a very good sign. It seems that weakness is the basis of an als diagnosis. Even with weakness, one can have a variety of other issues.

Renee - when this first hit me I had to pee every 20 minutes or so. When I googled that with my other symptoms one of the things that came up was MS, but infection is a very good possibility. Anxiety can also make you have to go a lot and since you are upset about your symptoms maybe that's why. Jamie said it all, try to enjoy your family until you know something more. Did you have MRI's? Take care and have a great vacation. Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back