Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Augusta
My dear wife, Rhonda, passed away peacefully on August 19. Her funeral was Saturday the 22nd. Her struggle with ALS is over and she is now resting peacefully. I wish you could all have known Rhonda. She was very special and fought through this dreadful disease with so much courage. Never once did she say "why me?" or even utter any complaints about her condition. When she lost the use of her left arm, she said "well at least I have my right arm", then she lost the use of her legs and she said "well, at least I can still communicate with you. I feel sorry for the ones who can't even tell their loved ones what they need". In the end, she also lost the ability to communicate effectively with us, but she struggled through. The whole process went so fast. She was diagnosed on December 2, 2008 and at that time, her left arm was the only problem she had.

Rhonda and I were so very close. We were married for over 35 years without ever having an argument. We did everything together and enjoyed the simple pleasures of life. I love her so very much and already miss her so badly that it hurts.

Although I didn't post very often on this forum, I did check in often. Many times I didn't even sign in, but just got on and read the posts. We gained a lot of very helpful information here and felt a connection to all who are going through the torture that ALS brings. My heart goes out to you all, both PALS and CALS. I will keep you all in my prayers. Hopefully a cure will come soon so that the suffering can end.

I promise that I will do what I can to promote ALS research and awareness.

Thank you all for being here and may God bless you all.

Dennis

I am so sorry for your loss. Her journey was very fast. I am touched by your explanation of the life you had together, my wife and I have the same. May God comfort your heart and grant you His perfect peace.

Dennis,

I am sooo sorry for your loss... It sounds like you had the perfect marriage and loved each other very much.

Dennis,

Thank you for informing us of Rhonda's passing. You wrote a lovey tribute to her.

Please accept my heart-felt condolences.

Kim

Very sorry for your loss Dennis. That was a very moving tribute. I hope you can find comfort in remembering your beautiful marriage.

So very sorry for your loss.

Dennis my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful wife Rhonda. She sounds like a phenomenal woman and yours was a love to admire! I hope you find some comfort in knowing that your sweet Rhonda is at peace and that although her physical self is gone, love never dies. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Dennis, I am very sorry about Rhonda. Thank you for posting about your life together and for being there for her. All of us PALS need someone like you to care for us during our time with this horrible disease. Please accept my condolences.

So sorry for your loss. I hope the many wonderful memories of her bring much comfort to you and your family. My condolences.

Dennis I'm so sorry. What a beautiful marraige you had, and what a wonderful husband you have been. Sending prayers and hugs your way. Seems to me Rhonda was a lucky gal to have you. May you find some peace and solace in the coming days. Prayerfully, Pam

Dennis, What a lovely tribute to Rhonda. She sounds like she was an exceptional person, and that you had a very good marriage. I am thinking of you and saying prayers for you and Rhonda.
Laurel

so very sorry

Dear Dennis

I am so sorry that your love has died. Prayers that you will have people that loved you both surround you during your grief. Sometimes it is so intense and painful and other times, I have felt, that knowing where he is and free of this disease is comforting.

Give yourself rest and know whatever you are feeling is normal.

Deepest sympathy,
Patty

Dennis,

Condolences from my family to your family.

I think you can rest assured that she is looking down on you and smiling for the love and comfort you gave her.

Please remember to take care of you !

Glen

Thank you all for the kind words and especially for the prayers. I am definitely going to need them for a while. Yes, Rhonda was an exceptional person and I feel very lucky to have had the priviledge of being her husband. Trying to take care of her and keep her comfortable was the least I could do. I know she is free of the pain and suffering the disease caused and I am confident that she is indeed now looking down on us. I know the pain and emptiness that I feel will fade somewhat with time, but I will always love her and I will miss her the rest of my life.

Thanks again for your kindness.

Dennis

Sorry for your loss. May you find peace in knowing she is no longer suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back