Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Stockton
I am so frustrated! I lost my driver's license last week and had an appointment this morning to get it replaced. I had to get gas on the way and when I got to DMV I had a form to fill out. I had talked to Rog on Monday am and asked if he wanted to go and he had told me that he didn't want to go, he would eat while I was gone. So, I am eating breakfast this morning and he asks me what time I was going to leave for DMV and I said at 8:20 (20 minute drive, 10 minutes to get gas, 10 minutes to fill out the form) for a 9:10 appointment. I finish breakfast and it's 8 am, Rog is in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower which means I need to hang around and dry him, clean up and bandage/tape his tube and help him get dressed. It's apparent he plans on going with me and there's no way we are going to be out the door at 8:20, it's 8:45 before we are heading out. There's no time to get gas so I get ready to take the other car and the battery is dead. Out of that car and into the car low on gas and off we head to DMV. We get close and he tells me to fill up at the gas station so I do as I really didn't want to burst into tears at that point...(DMV pictures look bad enough without red, swollen eyes...vanity thy name is Jen). We are late for my appointment and I still have to fill out the paperwork. I get it done, get to the window, answer a few questions and pay my money and we are out the door. I head for home so Rog can eat and I can start making phone calls and clean the carpet, get the gates up to keep Maddie corralled (my plans for the day). We get home and he tells me he wants to jump start the dead car with jumper cables to see if it the battery or the starter. He determines that it's the battery and wants to take it to get the battery replaced right then. I ask if he wants to take two cars and he says, "no, we'll wait. It won't take long." So, off we go again, he still hasn't eaten and I still have things to do. We get to the place and they check the car and tell us that 2 tires are almost bald and need to be replaced along with the battery and it will be 1 1/2 hour wait. I look at him and ask about the rotation and he just shrugs so I now have another thing to schedule down the road....car maintenance...great. So we leave the car with them, go to the mall and he wants to sit, but can't find anywhere comfortable. So it's sit for a minute, up and sit for a minute, and up and sit for a minute all the way through the mall until he finds a chair that's comfortable. Finally it is time to pick up the car and we go back and get told that the car is out of alignment. I am so done at this point, Rog hasn't eaten and is drooping, the alignment will have to be done on another day and after a second opinion.

All I wanted was to go to DMV on my own...1 hour, just one hour. I have only completed one phone call (messages left for the rest), the gates aren't up yet and the carpets aren't happening because he's napping... he won't get all his formula today because he's started so late.....aaarrrggghhh!

I could've taken all the other in stride with just an hour to call my own!

Jen

so what ur saying Jen, is that despite ALS Rog acts like a typically man? good to know somethings stay the same. sry ur day was hijacked. hugs mp

That sounds like a perfectly normal day. I want to vacume..he wants to..paint the porch. We paint the porch. I want to do laundry..he wants to..dig holes for plants. We dig holes. The problem is not that I mind helping him at all. The problem is I'm stressing over the laundry and vacuming and dishes..and I have to go to work tomorrow.
I understand Jen.

Last edited:
You're a good wife, jen. I'm pretty sure I'd be cleaning the carpets while he was napping just because I would've been p----y. :) Sorry your one hour was hijacked.

Thanks all of you! Just had to get it off my chest so I didn't explode! I knew you'd understand... I did feel like being nasty and make noise but decided that the louder noise he'd make wasn't worth venting my spleen on him at that moment... I will, but time and place, time and place... Ugh

Jen

Jen, take the hour back with something u want to do not have to do and tell him eveyone needs a break

LOL... Marypat is right on! That has NOTHING to do with ALS... that's just being a man! But still frustrating as heck. So sorry Jen! Hope tomorrow is better!

It will be! I'll get my hour yet...we are at a ball game now and this is music to soothe my soul..

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back