Reason
PALS
Country
Uni
State
OH
City
Cleveland
I may have only had the opportunity to post on this site once or twice before my daughter's battle escalated. Tracey was in the loving care of Hospice when she died on Oct 11th at 11 a.m. She was only 40. Her husband George and I never left her while she was on her journey in the hospice facility. I kept remembering the movie Steel Magnolias, when the daughter died, the mom said that it was right that she was with her daughter at the end since she was the one who brought her into the world. I get that. My hope is that in some way Tracey was a part of the cure. She tried lithium and rilutek at the beginning of her illness and earlier this year she had a pacer device installed along with a peg tube. It was the first time Dr. Onders performed this type of surgery with this particular peg tube. In addition to George, Tracey left behind three beautiful children, a sister and two brothers, and so many, many, relatives and friends who loved her deeply.
Her ALS was extremely painful for her and toward the end she was nauseated quite a bit. She would tell me she was miserable. When it was time to go to hospice, she didn't even wait for the ambulance to take her, she powered her wheel chair and insisted to leave immediately. But she kept saying she was not going to die. She fought the good fight until the end.
To all of you who have experienced a loss like mine, I am so sorry. For those of you who continue to live with ALS, my prayer is that you never give up hope and live to experience the cure that we know is coming one day.

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter.

She sounds like a real fighter.

Peace to your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you being with her all throughout until the end was a big comfort to her.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Chris

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter, for all of you..

A courageous fight, a loving mother.....Bless you for all that you did for Tracy! It gives me courage to go on, thank you!

Too young, too fast. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I wish you all peace of mind and heart. I wish you all Gods's comfort and protection.

I'm so sorry for your loss! Thank you for posting. She will have peace now. And, be free of the horrible ALS Monster! God Bless!

I am thinking of you and your family and praying that you will find peace. I am so sorry that Tracy's battle with ALS left her in pain. this disease is hard enough without that.

My deepest sympathy. You are a loving mother.

So sorry for your loss.

AL.

So very sorry for the loss of your daughter. My heartfelt prayers go out to you and the family and friends, what a wonderful mother you are. Praying for Peace and Comfort for all of you at this difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss. Again, I am deeply saddened to hear that we have lost another good, good person to ALS. Sending you warmth, strength and peace. Yasmin

so sorry for your loss. It must be very hard to lose a child. May your memories of her help you through the difficult times to come.

I'm so very sorry, Tracey's mom! Your daughter was obviously a real warrior. My heart goes out to all of your family...

Tracey's Mom, Thanks for all you did for Tracy while she fought on! My condolences go out to all of the family!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back