My Dad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodie,
Thank you. I, too, still find myself coming to the forum. It's almost like a link to my dad I think. I find that I still can't believe it's happened. Everything seemed to move so fast for my Dad and caring for him was such a big part of my life that I can't seem to get back into the "now". I hope eventually I can help others the way that I have been helped and supported on this site. I lost my Mom in Nov./05 and sometimes I wonder if we even had time to grieve for her before Dad was diagnosed. My mother-in-law is going for radiation treatments right now - hoping to slow the cancer. We're praying that it does and that we will have her with us for a long time yet.
Take care.
JMH

JMH, re: MY DAD

Hi, after my mom died I started coming here (I didn't know about this place before she died) because I wanted to do something to help other people. I have a huge hole in my life and heart and after 3 years the only thing that seems to help is coming here and doing what I can. I don't know if I make a difference or not but just helping someone else go through the caregiver portion of this disease has made me feel a little more useful. I'm too ill myself to go out and volunteer so this forum works well for me.

I'm hoping and praying that your mother-in-law will be okay. You and your family have faced some terrible blows over the past couple of years. I really hope that things take a turn for the better for you and those you love.

Take care,

SoniaT
Vancouver, BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back