Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning emjoi. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father but glad that his suffering is over. The thoughts and sympathies of all of us at the forums are with you and your family.
AL.

Last edited:
Emjoi -

Condolences on the loss of your father. Now you can all rest. My thoughts will be with you during the coming days.

Liz

Hi Emjoi,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I believe he is at peace now. There will be some tough days ahead as I'm sure you know. Please try to get some rest, even if you can't sleep try to do something that comforts you. Please pass on my condolences to your Mom and the rest of your family.

Please come back and visit us when you are ready. I, for one, would like to know how you are doing.

You can email me anytime if you need to talk to someone. Don't be afraid to grieve.

You are a good person to have been with your Dad, caring for him, talking to him, loving him, etc.

Please remember when times get hard in the next few days...."remember to breathe".

It's been my pleasure to chat with you this last little while.

Take care of you,

Hugs for you and your family,

Sonia

Hello Emjoi,
I was sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I know both he and your Mom appreciate all you did for both of them. Give Mom an extra hug today from all of us on the forum, and one for yourself as well. I hope you continue to stay in touch as you grieve the loss of your Dad. Regards, Cindy

Jmh

Hi JMH, Sorry about your Dad. He's at peace now and you were there for him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My Best to you , Beebe

Dear Emjoi,
I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. May you find comfort in knowing that your father is at peace and no longer suffering with this terrible disease.
Take care.
JMH

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
We layed him to rest yesterday. Speeches and hymns and then slowly getting drunk as we reminisced about him and caught up with relatives we hadn't seen in many years.

So it's done, it's done.

My daughter suddenly doesn't like sleeping without a light on. My mother and wife are both weepy at the slightest excuse. I'm back at work, but sometimes go hide in the men's room feeling like 15 tonnes are on my shoulders.
But it'll pass.

You step out the the church and cars are zooming by, people walking to and from whatever they normally do. Life keeps on going.

Emjoi, everybody grieves in their own way...there is no right or wrong way, it just is. And it takes time. It's very important, I think, that people give themselves all the time they need. Our beloved departed certainly deserve to be mourned. I saw once an illustration of what grief looks like -- a lightening bolt, but one that starts from the ground and reaches skyward. So you start to feel a little better (heading up), but then get down again, though not as low as the last low, then you feel a little better again, but again comes the down...though again not as low as the previous low...and so one. Please be very good to yourself in your grief. Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back