Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Arkansas
City
Scott
My dad was diagnosed in February 2007 with ALS. He passed away on March 3, 2008 at the very young age of 59. For those who have read my post in the past know that my daddy was my hero, he was the dad that all my friends envied that I had. My parents were married for 39 years and she is completely lost without him right now. I miss my dad terribly, it's just unbareable at best. Even though I am so very sad he isn't here with us, I am so greatful that my dad was able to tell us he loved us and hug us until the very end. My dad handled this disease with such grace and dignity, never letting the disease get him down for very long. He always joked about the way he had to accomodate the little things we take for granted, like being able to put your socks on with a drop foot...I feel like my heart will never be the same, I will always be a "daddy's girl" and can't wait until I am with him again in a place where there is no such thing as this horrible disease called ALS. Thank you all for the support over the past year, I wouldn't have made it thru all of this without the support each of you provide daily.

Much Love,
Michelle

Michelle-
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. From the sounds of it, your dad must have know how much he was loved and must have know your mom would have your love to support her.

Kaija

Dear Michelle.

I am so sorry for your loss and your family's pain. You must be very proud of your father. He sounds like a great Dad. Please take good care of yourself. Sincerely, Peg

My sincerest condolences to you Michelle and to your family.
AL.

Michelle,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your Father. I hope you will find peace in knowing he is in a better place.

Shell,
You are exactly the women your dad would have wanted, his work is now done here, now you go and finish yours, he will be waiting. The love you have shown him has been so sincere and true... It is a tribute to a lovely lifelong and beyond relationship.

Michelle

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad and your hero. I can only say he is in a better place that you will one day join him. Jesus promise us for those you believe will enjoy eternal life and peace a place there is no such horriable disease as ALS. May God bless you and your family

Michelle

Several years ago, we lost our Dad at the age of 58. Not form ALS, but he also went through a horrific time. This is one of the things I read in the Eulogy:

Look not where I was
For I am not there
My spirit is free
I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
In the sounds that you can hear
Don't cry for me my child
My spirit is near

Smile in my memory
Remember in your heart
This isn't the end
It's a brand new start

You should be very proud of yourself for being there for you "Dad". I know in his heart he was proud to have you.

You are in my thoughts and Prayers

Lorie:-(

Michelle,

I'm so sorry for your loss... to you and your family.
I think we have been through the same sort of ordeal this past year.
It's been a very tough year hasn't it? It's hard to take in and it's hard to believe it all over and done.

My mum was diagnosed March 8, 2007 and also passed on March 3, 2008.
She was also 59 years young. I miss her every moment.
Take care or yourself.

Paula

Dear Michelle,
I am so terribly sorry for your pain.
God bless you and your family
Jeannie

Hi Michelle- my thoughts are with you and your Mom and the rest of the family today. Your love for each other will get you through. Take care and check back from time to time. We will be here waiting any time you need us. Hugs, Cindy

Michelle I am sorry for your familys loss take care.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Michelle.

Sorry for your loss!

Michelle,

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but know that he is still with you daily. And he always will be. ALS is not kind, but it does offer us a unique way to make sure that our loved ones know who we are, and just what we feel for them. And they get the chance to let us know what they feel for us.

It took me months after losing mom, to get back and read on this forum. I do not say much, but I am truely amazed at the compassion always available on this board. And also the information.

We still attend our ALS support group. Someone asked me why I still go, and I said, to help in anyway I can, to find a cure, and to help someone maybe have an easier time of dealing with it. I just feel the need to not let go. But that is me, and it took me a few months to get there.

We found strength that we did not know we had during our time. My daughter who was the apple of my mothers eye, stood tall, strong, and suuportive during Mom's journey with ALS. It was a proud moment. I hope that soon, you might also see some proud moments from your journey with your dad. It helps, a little. But always know that you can and should remember him for what he was.

Thanks for being there for me.

Bellard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back