Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
IL
City
Park Ridge
My father, Raul Velez, passed away early this morning at the age of 69. He was diagnosed in August and his respiratory issues worsened extremely fast. He was using a Vpap machine regularly for the past 6 weeks, and just this Friday he had a successful PEG tube procedure - my sister and I spent a week with him at NW Memorial Hospital. He died peacefully at my sister's home at about 4am CST one day after my 36th Birthday. I know he is in a better place, and is no longer suffering, but I miss my dad already, he was one of my best friends, and an amazing person.

It had been a while since I posted, but I wanted to thank each and every one of the amazing, smart and brave people on this forum, especially the ones who took the time to reach out to me and reply to my posts.

Best,
Raul

I am sorry for the loss of your father.

Raul, I'm so very sorry! That was such a fast progression, and you were a wonderful son. I know from your posts you did all you could.

Peace,
Ann

Raul, I am extremely sorry for your loss. Your Dad was very lucky to have you there for him. You and your family will be in my prayers.

God Bless,
Ted

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

Raul I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. May you find peace...

Raul- my condolences to you. sounds like you and your dad had a very special relationship. Im sorry you had to endure this loss.
you have been an excellent son to your dad, and he wont ever forget that.
time to take care of you.

Raul,
So sorry, you are a wonderful son, and will always be.. ALS can take a lot away, but it can never steal your love and memories. I sure think that your dad carries on in a man of kindness, courage and love. Continue the fight against ALS. Your dad lives on..

Raul,

What Hoping just wrote to you is so very fitting. Your dad was lucky to have a son like you, and I really hope that the passage of time helps.

Raul,
So sorry for you loss,May God Bless you & your family with Peace.
Sharon

Raul, so sorry that you have lost your dad! Keep the good memories close to your heart to help you through this hard time.
Colleen

Sorry for your loss Raul, know that your Dad is in a better place and your assistance provided him great comfort. I lost my Mom last week a lot of mixed emotions going on. At least your Dad and my Mom now have peace.

Raul, so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Raul, so sorry to hear this.

so sorry for your loss.love wanda and glenxoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back