PALS
Country
US
State
NE
City
Omaha
It really is a small world!

My Dad is still functional and trying to continue to live his life. He drove himself to the barber and he was telling him about is ALS diagnosis.

A buy waiting to get his haircut told my Dad that his cousin had ALS and he wrote a couple books about it. My Dad said is your cousin Eric Edney and he said YES!

I had told Dad about Eric Edney very early on and he started eating an organic and using many of the same supplements.

My Dad definitely feels better and will probably start adding more of Eric's protocols.

Eric's cousin actually came over to my parent's house and gave Dad Eric's 2 books for free. He also gave Dad his phone number and email if he has any questions. Very nice guy to do that for him!

I was doing some research on Eric Edney and I came across these 2 videos of Eric and his wife Glenna being interviewed.

[url=

One interview is from 2003 and the other is from 2008.

Eric definitely looked like he had an improvement from 2003 to 2008 and that is amazing to me, not to mention the fact that he is still alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you meet Joe from Toronto?

Hey, what a small world! I think it was divine intervention myself. Your dad has another guardian angel out there looking out for him. Hope it helped mom figure things out too! I will pull the videos for my dad when I see him in AZ in 2 weeks. He would love that! Oh you have to try Eric's wifes salad dressing. The buttermilk dressing, I think tastes just like the ranch dressing from Round Table Pizza. Use her spices and add a cup of organic veganaise and a cup of butter milk, whip it up.....it is sooooooooooo good! Better than I could buy at the store, thats for sure!
Hugs, Kari

If somebody wants to go looking for the link for Eric, they are welcome to. It wouldn't play for me to start with and I'm still not convinced he's on the up and up.

AL.

I am with you Al... I am not convinced. Now if he sold his books and gave the entire proceeds after cost to an ALS Society, well, I would feel better. That and what ever else he is selling lately. ugh.
Sorry, that was me in my perfect world again. sigh. I am back :)

If somebody wants to go looking for the link for Eric, they are welcome to. It wouldn't play for me to start with and I'm still not convinced he's on the up and up.

AL.

It takes a little time for the 2 videos to load on the page.

Why did you remove the link Al? You don't think he has ALS?

I am with you Al... I am not convinced. Now if he sold his books and gave the entire proceeds after cost to an ALS Society, well, I would feel better. That and what ever else he is selling lately. ugh.
Sorry, that was me in my perfect world again. sigh. I am back :)

Did you watch the videos? He clearly seemed to have ALS.

If you do a search for "Eric Edney Video" you can watch the videos for yourself.

I don't think the guy is getting rich off of sales of his book.

Did you read the thread about Eric Edney. If you did you would not be so defensive.

I would like to believe he is legit and I know Joy has his book and does his clay bath... but I read the thread months ago and I've gone to the website where he is selling all of this "stuff". He may have ALS... I suspect he does... but that doesn't exclude his venture from being about making money. I am waiting for all of his users to tell me that it works wonders. I hope it does, but I am still waiting.

Did you read the thread about Eric Edney. If you did you would not be so defensive.

I browsed that thread, but all I really understood was that not everyone believes Eric Edney is for real.

And it looks like Eric Edney owns the Even Better Now website and sells products?

Is that right Joel?

I would like to believe he is legit and I know Joy has his book and does his clay bath... but I read the thread months ago and I've gone to the website where he is selling all of this "stuff". He may have ALS... I suspect he does... but that doesn't exclude his venture from being about making money. I am waiting for all of his users to tell me that it works wonders. I hope it does, but I am still waiting.

So he owns the website and sells nutritional products?

I am not sure what to say.
First of all, initially we all look for answers and glimmers of hope in every possible area because traditional medicine offers, well, nothing. When we hear about people like Eric Edney, who is "winning", it is easy to grab hold and literally consume every bit of advice he has to offer. And not just Eric, there are cleansing spas, chelation treatments, supplements, the gammet, each promising a new hope.
What happens over time, Andy, is that some if not most of us become a little discouraged and even angry. I do not have ALS, my best friend does, and she is doing and trying everything and each time I get new hope. Maybe it is helping her, there is really no way to know. She feels she is doing something positive and that is worth a great deal.
However, I think you will find that as a group, many of us are going to be pretty negative about anyone who makes a great promise and doesn't deliver. It gets tiring and maddening.

In answer to your question: I don't know for sure, only what I read in the thread, but it states there that he is affiliated with the website selling nutritional products. I will look into it.

Okay, I wasnt going to post here because I know there are stong feelings about Eric here. I have to tell you that that Eric is Winning book is like my dads bible. He was diagnosed last September. He has followed almost every thing in that book since his diagnosed, and when he went back to his neuro a few months later, the doctor was shocked because his ALS has actually gotten BETTER! Not a plateau, but better. The doctor said "whatever you are doing, keep doing it".... Now, I know that this beast of a disease can turn on a dime and you can go down hill fast without warning. I know that everyone reacts differently to different therapies etc, but his story is inspiring. It is not false hope. It is just an avenue that you can decide to take with his regimens and see if it works for you. It is SOMETHING rather than nothing. It is very expensive to do everything that Eric does, as we all know ALS is a very expensive disease without following what he does. You do not have to buy his products. He spends the money he gets on things like going to Europe recently to do stem cell treatment....It didnt work well for him and he reported that back, and the last I heard he was going to try something in China to see if that helps. He is the exception and not the rule with this disease, I know that, but PALS have nothing to try and fight this disease except Rilutek. What he does is educational, and if you can afford it, its a very healthy way to live with or without ALS. Sorry that people here view this all as a bad thing, but in my dads case it has helped him tremendously. (so far) Sorry to those who disagree, but my in my dads case his book has been a blessing!
Hugs, Kari

Kari, I think doing something and feeling like your doing something, helps. I really do. That's why I am not going to mention what I have read about Eric to Joy. If it makes her feel better and your dad feel better, I think that is very important.

I have to say, he may be in it to make money (and I just found a couple of websites under completely different names marketing his stuff from the same location: Tuscan Arizona) but I also think that there are worse things out there, and more expensive things, than $25 books and clay baths. I just wish we could get rid of the scammers so that money raised went toward beating ALS and not toward padding pockets.

I am not being defensive Joel. I asked questions. It's obvious that they didn't even watch the videos of Eric Edney and his wife.

The videos spoke for themselves and Al took them down. Pretty ridiculous to not let people decide for themselves. That would be the fair way to handle it.

Noone has offered any kind of proof that Eric Edney doesn't have ALS, but the videos were pretty darn convincing.

Also, there is no way he is getting rich off of sales of that book or supplements. I also see nothing wrong with someone trying to supplement their income and offer help to others.

Edney actually offers his entire program for free on his website, so you actually don't even have to buy the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back