Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, Al took the link off because it didn't work. I tried it and it did not work and Al notes that is what happened.
Laurel

Okay, I wasnt going to post here because I know there are stong feelings about Eric here. I have to tell you that that Eric is Winning book is like my dads bible. He was diagnosed last September. He has followed almost every thing in that book since his diagnosed, and when he went back to his neuro a few months later, the doctor was shocked because his ALS has actually gotten BETTER! Not a plateau, but better. The doctor said "whatever you are doing, keep doing it".... Now, I know that this beast of a disease can turn on a dime and you can go down hill fast without warning. I know that everyone reacts differently to different therapies etc, but his story is inspiring. It is not false hope. It is just an avenue that you can decide to take with his regimens and see if it works for you. It is SOMETHING rather than nothing. It is very expensive to do everything that Eric does, as we all know ALS is a very expensive disease without following what he does. You do not have to buy his products. He spends the money he gets on things like going to Europe recently to do stem cell treatment....It didnt work well for him and he reported that back, and the last I heard he was going to try something in China to see if that helps. He is the exception and not the rule with this disease, I know that, but PALS have nothing to try and fight this disease except Rilutek. What he does is educational, and if you can afford it, its a very healthy way to live with or without ALS. Sorry that people here view this all as a bad thing, but in my dads case it has helped him tremendously. (so far) Sorry to those who disagree, but my in my dads case his book has been a blessing!
Hugs, Kari

I agree Kari. It's a free country. People should be able freely decide for themselves.

My Dad is eating an entirely organic diet and using many of the supplements Eric Edney recommends.

I actually had already told my Dad to try many of those supplements before we even knew who Eric Edney was.

My Dad is feeling BETTER, also. He was losing strength in his hands and his strength has improved in his hands. He also has more energy.

My Dad just got done reading Eric's book and he has a positive attitude, which I think is really important in battling this terrible disease.

Andy, Al took the link off because it didn't work. I tried it and it did not work and Al notes that is what happened.
Laurel

Ok maybe I didn't copy and paste it correctly.

I will double-check it and post a correct link.

I thought the interviews were really interesting.

Let us know how you do following his protocol.

Al and I discussed whether to leave this post. We can not, in clean conscinence, endorse him. There are too many unanswered questions.

Having said that I feel everyone here are quite capable of deciding for themselves the truth about him and his protocol.

Let us know how you do following his protocol.

Al and I discussed whether to leave this post. We can not, in clean conscinence, endorse him. There are too many unanswered questions.

Having said that I feel everyone here are quite capable of deciding for themselves the truth about him and his protocol.

Noone is saying you have to believe in Eric Edney Joel.

It's your right to voice your opinion and I respect your opinion very much.

I just think the fair way to do it is to let people watch the videos, so they can decide for themselves if Eric is for real or not.

I don't think he is getting rich from the sales of his book or any supplements.

ALS is an expensive disease, so if the sales of his book do help him supplement his income I see nothing wrong with it.

Hey Joel,

I wanted to ask you for clarification.

Laurel said that AL took the link down, because the link didn't work.

Did the link work for you? Were you able to watch the videos?

I was going to try to post the link again, but if AL doesn't want people watching the video, on his website, then I won't post the link again.

This is AL's website so I will respect his wishes.

I did not try the link. A few years ago I looked at information he posted and he could not provide any proof he had ALS. He could not provide any neurologist report that he was diagnosed with ALS.

Eating healthy is always a good idea. Following his diet is likely not going to hurt, it will only drain you bank account, go for it.

FYI
In 1996 Eric received his 4th and final diagnosed of als at Loma Linda (THAT IS A GREAT HOSPITAL RIGHT?). I read the book a year ago and contacted him by email he or his wife will respond if you have questions.There is nothing wrong with healthy living but I personally could not afford to do all the things that Eric and his wife have done. I am sure he initially made a profit when he first wrote the book, but I would say sales are down, I did like the Better Brain Book for sale on his web site. My personal opinion is whatever makes you feel better in dealing with your als the more PMA you will have. So many pals write about there sadness, being alone and giving up and that is just heartbreaking to me. Any effort to deal with als is better than none at all. I think it is a shame when a member worries about posting on this forum because other members have strong feelings about Eric. So what !we are adults and we can agree to disagree! But to pass judgement on other pals methods of treatment that you have not done youself is wrong. The link can be deleted there are rules but it does not take an Einstein to figure out how to view the video's on eric is winning . com. so does a moderator base decision on forum policy or personal views? Just curious! Kari your dad rocks I wish him the best. I am not try to start a war so don't get your panties in a bunch!

I agree with you for the most part. I agree that doing something is better than becoming despondent and doing nothing and I agree that a healthy diet can't do anyone any harm, regardless of your situation. However, I do think that the forum has the right to not post Eric Edney information and only for this one reason: there are people on here who are new to ALS and who might mistake the posting as an endorsement by very knowledgable and experienced peers. If he wasn't selling something then that might be different. That said, even if he was an organic evangelist who made no income from his claimes, they are not proven and there is the danger of validation through association. I think the forum has to make some difficult decisions sometimes, and they may not always be right, but when it comes to people and organizations like Eric, they have to error on the side of caution... for our sake.

Everyone here will hear about Eric and everyone here will eventually go to his site and at that point everyone here will make a decision as to believe what he believes and follow his methods... or not. But thats just my thought

jamorel,
Point well taken I understand the point and agree but read back over the posts from the past and some from now. It is not what you say it is how you say it. I or anyone else should not have ponder asking a question on this forum to get what I call a "venom pen response" Many who ask about Eric are new to the forum new as a pals or cals and aburpt responses make you think what the he--. I was one of them I asked about Eric once I think and never asked again, but I have been here for awhile and know that the "old timers" on the forum are not as salty as they appear:) But if brash response cause a pals or cals to leave this forum that is not right. I have been on other forums and have not experienced this anywhere else. There are so many thing thats that are used and discussed on this forum that are not FDA approved. This forum needs to have a disclaimer that states that we do not promote or support the contents of this web site rather than block web sites. Ok enough said! have a good night

I guess I didn't get the "venom pen response" Maybe from previous posts? If I was I didnt mean to be. I guess we have to be careful with text as words can be misinterpreted as venomous when they are not meant to be. Ask about Eric. I am interested... I just don't know anyone who really knows.

Here is an update from Eric on his website:

Product Endorsements

According to a recent newspaper article, there is a new law that requires people who are making recommendations about a product. The new law requires them to admit whether or not they are receiving any money for making their recommendations. I think that's good.

So, I want to remind you again that I receive no money for any product or treatment that I recommend.

Actually, I do not recommend anything. I only suggest that you consider it and further suggest that you consult with your health care professional.

You guys are going to hate me... but I did research in a prior life. So I couldn't find a link at first until I tried something a bit different. I googled the name of the president of the even better now business and "edney". What I discovered is that Eric doesn't come up but his wife does... as an affiliate in the affiliate program.

As you can see, links to products from a site pays commision on any sales. If you go to Eric's site, you will find numerous links to their website. His book is also sold through the site, but I am not privy to what deal they would have there. All I can say is that it would "appear" with a very superficial web search that it is possible that Eric is telling the truth: he isn't deriving an income. But his wife may be. Now that is just what I found in a bit of web-digging. I wouldn't say for sure, but it is... well, interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the law states that you can't be paid directly by the company to "endorse" their products.

I don't see anything wrong with Glenna Edney signing up under their affiliate program.

Like I said ALS is a very expensive disease and do not see anything wrong with the Edney's supplementing their income with book sales and Glenna signing up as an affiliate. They are definitely NOT getting rich from either.

Another point I would like to point out is I use nurtional products, like Juice Plus, and I signed up as an "affiliate" so I would get a DISCOUNT on the products.

Glenna may well have done the same since what Eric is doing is very expensive. When Glenna signs up as an "affiliate" they would save money on the supplements they purchase for Eric, also.

Hey Andy, I am not going to say one way or the other about Eric. I have said before, there are worse things out there. However, if you want to know the facts, well it would appear that the facts are that he has a book and he endorses product through his website. Does he make money personally? No, not if you want to split hairs. Does he benefit? All indications would point to yes, he most probably does.
The long and short of this very long debate is that there are people here who love Eric and truly feel they are feeling better because of his product. However, there are people here who think that his... lack of disclosure... might challenge his character and therefore illegitimize everything that he represents. If you find his recommendations and products work, use them or shop around and find other similiar products. I drink a clay/chloroform drink myself that I discovered after Joy's diagnosis. It makes me feel better so why not. And no, it isnt cheap.
However, there will be mixed reactions always when Eric's name comes up here I am afraid. That is just the nature of the open forum. Don't take it personally and no one here should. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about whether any one else likes the guy or what he might be doing. I am going to leave this topic now because it has been exhausted... at least for me. Have a great rest of the weekend. I have a one year old to chase. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back