Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Monson
My dad lost his brief but horrific battle with ALS on New Years Morning at 8:15.. He knew it was time, and it was peaceful..

The last week was especially rough as he could not eat. He only had sips of water, and even that was very difficult. From the time of diagnosis to the time he died was only 5 months. I've never seen anything like it, and even his doctor said it was one of the fastest cases he's seen. Which I suppose in a way is a blessing, as it would have been pure torture for him to live any longer in the condition that he was in. He's been at my house for the past couple months with me as his main caretaker. We did have hospice at the end, and they were wonderful. I don't know what we would have without them.

May your dad rest in peace, and God bless you. Five months after diagnosed is indeed fast progression. This disease affects people in, oh so many different ways. How old was your dad? May God give you peace and comfort. I am sure your dad was very proud of you.

Irma

Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. My mother passed away October 23rd, after a one year diagnosed, but symptoms at least one and a half year prior to diagnosed. I tell myself everyday that mom is in a better place, but I still miss her.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dear dad. May you find peace and comfort knowing that he is free of this terrible disease.

God Bless. Anne

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My father was diagnosed in july 04, and passed in december 04, 5 months later as well. Thank goodness you had a good had hospice, ours did not even show up the last day of his life, and we had to call the als support staff to figure out what to do. His was bulbar, and his breathing deteriorated quickly. he could still walk fine, and had some finger atrophy.

my prayers are with you.

kmgy

Sorry to hear of the passing of your father.
AL.

I am sorry for your loss. Please feel free to reach out to us all here anytime things get tough over the next few weeks. It is never easy to lose someone you love. Cindy

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
mark

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband/PAL died Dec. 29th after two years fighting ALS. No matter how quickly or how long the disease progresses it is always both a shock and a comfort. We are never prepared but we know that our loved one is no longer suffering.

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your dear father.My prayers are with you and your familly.!God bless you all at this very difficult time!.......Gina

I'm sorry to hear of your Dads passing. May God Grant you peace during such a time.
I wish we all could be there to give you a hug to comfort you. The best we cando is this.
Jesusgreeting.jpg

I share your pain and pray that God will give you the ovewhelming peace He gave me when I lost my mother on November 19.
God bless you,
Nicki

I Understand

So sorry about your dad. I lost my mom on the 18th of January, less then 2 weeks ago. She was 1 year and 3 months from her diagnosis date. It was hard to lose her but at least she doesn't suffer anymore. I miss her terribly as I am sure you miss your dad.

God Bless.
Jdale:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back