Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheryl, I must have missed this thread at the time, we were having a hard time in October as on the very day your dad passed we were advised my mother only had hours or days left. Thankfully she got stronger and proved everybody wrong and we have had a wonderful Christmas. I know how lucky we are.
I am so sorry for your loss, and have just been catching up on all of the posts. It seems that you spent a lot of quality time with your dad and so you are also lucky, in a way.
I pray for you and your family, and if your dad was anything in the end the way my mom is now, the constant unease, choking, talking difficulty and just watching them being so uncomfortable is hard to watch. Your dad is at peace now, with some of the other people he has loved in his life and doing things that he loved doing. Think of this with a smile.
Prayers for you all

the hospital have suggested dad goes into a hospice. Mum wants him home, he wants to go home, they need to modify home in order for that to happen and have told mum there is a 'long waiting list' for that. l thought hospice would be a good idea as the hospital are absolutely rubbish at caring for him. Mum is worried they wont bother modifying home if he goes into a hospice, she is convinced they know he hasnt got long left. Dad thinks the hospice will take his pension and leave mum unable to cope financially. oh the complications of it all! Anyone know a) if they take the pension, and if so how much of it? b) if they are trying to get out of modifying home?...........infact, anyone got any thoughts on all of it?

brucesdaughter,

I'm not in the UK so can't really help you with any answers.

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and your parents during this difficult time y'all are having.

jimercat

thank you so much for your kindness, and please know l am thinking of you also x

dad

hi all

l havent been on for a few weeks, just to update anyone who was watching my posts, dad passed away this morning, peacefully in his sleep. all the fears of choking or whatever have gone, we dont think he even realised what was happening, at least we draw comfort from that. l sigh with relief as he as so bad, and finally he is at peace from this cruel cruel disease, my thoughts with you all ............karen xxx

Hello Karen, I am very sorry about your dad. I am glad his end was peaceful and that he is now free of this monster disease. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Barry

Karen I am so sorry for the loss of your father.
My deepest sympathy.
Dana

Hi Karen,

Condolences from my family to your family on your fathers passing.

Glen

Karen, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad. I hope that you find some relief in knowing that he is not fighting this monster anymore. Please know that I am thinking of you during this difficult time and you have my deepest sympathies. You have been a loving and devoted daughter and I hope you are comforted by the wonderful memories you have of your Dad.

Karen-I secong what Barry said. I to am not far from loosing my brother to this MONSTER!
I am so sad and I will keep you and your Family in my Prayers!

Bless you!

Lorie:(

Very sorry for your loss Karen. My heart goes out to you and your family.

May he rest in peace. Condolences to you all.

I am sorry for your loss Karen.

AL.

I am so sad to hear about losing your Dad.I just lost my father inlaw on Mothers Day,not from ALS.God Bless all of you during this time of grief.
Sharon

Thank you all for your kind words, bless you all. The funeral was beautiful, painfully sad of course, but as nice as it could be. Some chose to send money instead of flowers, we donated it to the MNDA. My own daughter is arranging a charity event of some sort to raise some more. This 'MONSTER' needs to be squashed! My thoughts will stay with you all always, l will look in on you all from time to time..........I wish you all well xx.......thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back