Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Tx
City
cypress
Well, a little good news... my dad will be able to see Dr. Appel in network after all. He is getting all info they have requested together today and I am driving it down tomorrow for him.

Any idea on how long it will be to get in to see him after they get the information?

Thanks.. kim

That is great! In my experience (Louisville, Nashville)cities have ALS clinic once a month. Do you know if he will be seen at clinic or an individual appointment? Come with a list of questions (a good tip for all doctor's appointments I've found).

Y'all will love Dr. Appel. He is a wonderful doctor.

Adozi- I don't know yet. All we know is his insurance will be in network vs. out and that is great news. I will be delivering all the medical info they requested tomorrow. They said it takes 4 days to process and they will let him know if he is accepted... I guess they just need to make sure he is diagnosed? Not sure ... but I can't imagine he wouldnt be accepted... so I hope to know more tomorrow morning.

There is just so much to do....and figure out.

We will definitely go with list of questions, once we have our appointment! for sure. Thanks so much, KIM

>Any idea on how long it will be to get in to see him after they get the information?

I think it took me about a month ... good luck!

I am so upset.. I just spoke to lasan... and she explained the process to me better and if he is accepted, first appointment isnt until June 2... really, 3 months? Wow.

max- did you also do the 2.5 day out patient visit? testing etc?

I am so worn out with everything being so difficult.

Thanks.. kim

>max- did you also do the 2.5 day out patient visit? testing etc?

yes, it was actually 3 days although he gave me the news 1/2 way through the first day :-(.

You and your Dad will like him, he is a straight shooter.

Max

Max- Ok.. well, I guess there really isnt any reason to rush.. he just started the deanna protocol and coconut oil.. he started taking rilutek but it seems to weaken his right leg all of the sudden, so he stopped... I am still not sure if that drug is good or not.

So, I guess we will just wait. The ALS association called me and they work with Dr. Hirati... and she says he only works with ALS patients etc.. more personal etc... but I hear more about dr. appel.

Thanks again, and so sorry you have this disease. KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back