Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Pat! Sounds awful and looks worse - the blood - not you! Take it easy and let Diane wait on you today. All my falls have been on carpet except before diagnosed when I broke my ankle.

I have heard that post fall pALS are a little shakey for a while. I've always come back after a few weeks. Take care.

Sharonca

Hope you are feeling better today, Pat. Like they all said, lay around a bit and let Dianne wait on you. :-D

Concussion Update

I was dizzy most of Saturday but felt better in the evening. Sunday I was dizzy again but not too bad. Today I feel better but still a little dizzy. The ER Dr. called Diane Saturday night to check up on me! He said it is normal to be dizzy for a week or two! :-(

PDaddy-
Yes, the dizziness might hang around for a week or so. In the meantime, just take it easy. I meant to get on here sooner to see if Diane got the blood out of your shirt-if not peroxide on a cotton ball works wonders!
Rest my friend,
take care
-b

holy cats! What a picture!

you ARE one tough cookie.

Cindy

P.S. I think your wife should get a hot bath and a massage.

Your continued dizziness may be due to knocking your crystals out of place. I have also had several falls on my head requiring trips to the ER, CT scans, and staples/stitches. Following the most recent one about 3 weeks ago I experienced severe dizziness, the room seeming to move around me particularly when I first got out of bed. One morning I was using my walker but toppled over sideways because I was so dizzy. I told my daughter who is a physical therapist about it and she told me about benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, often referred to as loose crystals.

"In this condition, tiny crystals normally located in the inner ear, break loose on their own and wind up in the ear canal fluid, causing dizziness and imbalance. Other conditions that lead to loose crystals are trauma, ear infection, or prolonged putting of head way back such as when in a beauty salon or in dentistry chair."

There is a procedure PTs can do to correct it if it doesn't get better.

I'm glad you're okay and do be careful.

Wonders never cease. I've heard of people having a screw loose but never loose crystals. What next?

AL.

This information about the crystals is interesting, isn't it! Hope you, your crystals, and your sense of humor are doing well Pat! And, I hope you've lost the head band by now 8)

Damn, I just bought a bunch of shares of crystals stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back