Not open for further replies.

Cipicus

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
Hey there, i'm gonna try to be brief but explain some that's been happening lately...the reason i'm posting here is because im at the bottom of it...I am young and have so much plans but this has really put my life on hold...so long story short...6 months ago i had smth i think was a viral infection of some sort ...so in december i had some stabbing excruciating migrating pain in my limbs like 3 seconds one hand after a while 10 seconds opposite elbow and so on...then after ny eve i developed some sort of viral infection i think ...atleast thats how it was cared for ....verry sore throat and swollen nodes and fever for like 5 straight days...after that it all went away +the stabbing pain went away....

during rhat time i become anxious thinking i might have cancer(i've had anxiety before with panic attacks and stuff a few years prior but it subsided)...all being said i was ruined ...i lost like 7 kgs in one week i couldn't eat nor sleep ..everytime i went to sleep i would jump awake in a terrified ...after the doc appointment she told me it's nothing maybe a gastritis or smth had bloodwork witch were good ...that eased my mind for like a week till i found about ms and als...and since then i've had nerve pain i've had bodywide thumpers...constant feet twitching ...calves feeling like cola pops ...

to this day i regained my weight my nerve pain is mostly gone ...i've had tightness in my muscles but it also subsided they feel pretty much normal...except some joint pain i still have and some cubital problems like my pinky and ring goes numb if i sleep with my arms bent(again i've had mild problems with this before but since this train caught me it's worse)...i began coping with it and my twitching is still there pretty much every day but not as relentless...i find magnesium a bit helpful...now what confuses me i saw a post here of a guy talking about split hand and he said that your middle and ring also splits somehow...mine looks split somehow when i keep them bent...idk how to explain ...ima put up some photos...thanks in advance for everything and sorry for the long post but my brain is so tired of this constant worrying...maybe who have seen split hand before can see it if it's there cuz my docs all believe im kinda nuts...

Attachments

• IMG_20210609_100255.jpg
    IMG_20210609_100255.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20210609_100308.jpg
    IMG_20210609_100308.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20210609_100311.jpg
    IMG_20210609_100311.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
A crooked middle finger is nothing to worry about, nor are some occasional pains, especially if you did have a virus, lost weight, and despite regaining it, perhaps could do better with diet and hydration coming out of it all.

Anxiety affects sleep, and lack of sleep makes everything worse. As to your finger numbness, maybe it's time for a new pillow or mattress.

There is no reason to suspect ALS. If the concern continues to preoccupy you, it would be time to seek help for health anxiety.

Best,
Laurie

Today i made the big mistake of looking at my calves with the flashlight and apparently there are much more twitches thab i tought there were...i mean i can feel some but not all...i've been six months and everybuds think im crazy cuz i haven't got any weakness per se...idk what to do it drives me crazy....sorry for taking your time but i guess it gives me some comfort just being able to share this with somone....Much love to ya all👍🤗

Twitching is incredibly common and without other signs should not make you think of ALS. Calf twitching is the most common of all benign twitches.

looking at your twitching calf muscles with a flashlight is not normal or healthy behavior. Please go back and talk to your doctor. if you must share online a group like Muscle Twitches on reddit would be a more appropriate place

please go back to your doctor, it's not appropriate to seek comfort for anxiety from the terminally ill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back