Not open for further replies.

Rockville

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
07/2021
Country
CA
My brother of 51 years old was just diagnosed with ALS, he’s successful has a partner who they started a company, he had a wife 3 kids , he functioning physically but his speech has deteriorated, I worry every night and barely sleep my heart is torn he’s such a kind person, what’s going to happen to him.

It would help us - help you - if you (and others) would share some
intro/info to how the symptoms began, where/how the initial/possible
diagnosis was determined, and possibly the Neurologist/Facility involved.

Being from California we have members who can recommend the
best ALS centers near the city/area your loved one (brother) lives.

The more info our very ALS knowledgeable members have... the better
help and suggestions they can reply.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your brother

It is always a terrible shock to have a loved one diagnosed. I was more devastated by my sister’s diagnosis than my own. Spend as much time with him as you can.

You are surprised and shocked as we all were. As far as what will happen, no one knows, you can only offer support. We are all with you and any advice we can offer just ask.

Welcome, Rockville-

Do you live close by to your brother? There are a few folk here from Canada, and Ontario in particular. They can provide more specific assistance and answers to any questions you may have about clinics close to your brother.

So sorry to welcome you, I know the shock feels like it is how things will be forever, but you will have support to find your way through and help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back