Status
Not open for further replies.

sisterofl

Hi everyone,

Firstly I want to thank all of you for the circle of friends you have created on this forum. I have not posted often (especially after the problems with the website, I couldn't sign on etc...). I was a fervent reader, often late at night.

A few days ago the doctor gave my brother 2 to 3 weeks. Being who he is, he chose to go on his on terms, yesterday morning 7:00am EST in Ottawa. Ironically I woke up at 4:55am (Calgary time) not knowing why.

I had planned to come spend the rest of his time with him on Sunday. I was with him only 4 weeks ago...I arrived in Ottawa this morning around 12:30am

I'm in his house now, and can't believe that he is not here.

Thank you to all of you, this forum is so important...

He was diagnosed in January 2003 but had the first symptoms in August 2003, bulbar onset.

Melissa: thank you for the kind words, I didn't have time to reply

Gisele

Dear Gisele. I am so sorry for your brothers passing. Even though we are expecting these things it still comes as a shock. It is too bad you weren't with him at the end. I know how much you loved him and worried for him. Hopefully he is in a better place and someday you will meet again. Thank you for taking the time to offer congratulations to Lee and I. It must have been very difficult for you. I hope you'll still stay with the forum and share your knowledge and feelings with us when you are up to it. We all feel your loss. You are not alone. Take care. Al and Lee.

A Sister's Love
by Lezetta Clayton

There is a lot of love in the world,
But there’s nothing like a sister’s love.
The love you and your sister share is so deep.
It’s so deep that nobody can take it away.
A sister is a friend…
Who listen to your deepest secrets.
And understand what you went and going through now.
A sister is there holding your hand…
When life seems hopeless.
A sister loves you for who you are…
Not what you do.
No matter where you are,
You will always have your sister’s love.

'G'...I know he loves and appreciates you.
He'll be waiting for you at the bottom of the Rainbow.
God Bless.

xxoo

Giselle, as the others I am sorry for your loss.
I don't do very well when I read one of these postings, so I will say my prayers are with all of you.

I am so sorry for your loss ,you were very close to your brother.He was not only your brother but a very dear friend.
Our prayers are with you and your family, Lots of love , Elaine

Dear Giselle,
When I wrote that poem the other day I forgot to mention you with the others that were going through a hard time. I actually had written it because you said your brothers passing was near and I wanted you to feel some comfort. You were the only one who responded and now the inevitable has happened. My prayers have been with you from the day you posted I am so sorry things happened so fast but you will meet again and he will always be in yor heart when you need him.
With Deepest Sympathy
Kim
ALS About Loving Someone

Thank you Al, Mike, Kim, Theresa and everyone else for the kind words. I will stay on the forum and decided that when I go back to Calgary I will call the ALS society there and see if they need any volunteers.

Perhaps there are other people with ALS who do not have a spouse or a partner and live alone. Perhaps I could visit...

I will be here (Ottawa) for approximately 2 weeks taking care of things and comforting my mom.

Love to you all.

Gisele

Dear Gisele,

I am so sorry to hear of your brothers passing. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. You are never prepared or ready. This is one thing that I learned. I wish that God will grant you the comfort and peace that you will need to get you through this difficult time. He is with Henry now, and hopefully they are enjoying each others company. No words can express our sorrow or pain, but please know that I know what you are going through and I will be here for you at anytime. God Bless.

Stay Strong

Love , Carol

Gisele,

I am so terrible sorry for your loss and I am sorry that you were not able to be there at the end. But know you were in your brother's heart and that he knew how much you love him. My deepest sympathies and much love and hugs to you.

If there is anything I can do while you are here in Ottawa, ANYTHING, please let me know. I am out of town from Friday to Sunday this week but if you need anything please let me know.

I'll be praying for you and your family. And sending my love and friendship through each prayer and thought. I seem to be at a loss for words at the moment (my friends would be very shocked) but know we all share your loss and sadness.

Love Trish
p.s. if you need to talk or anything while you're in town, send me a private message

Thannk you Trish for your offer. Carol, you are so giving, after all you've been through you still think of others.

Thank you

G

Hi Gisele,

Hope you are doing alright. It is a very hard time now, but remember that the ones that we loved and lost will always be with us, in memory and prayer, for the love between us is a spiritual bond that death cannot sever. As impossible as it may seem to us right now, a time will come when we will be able to think of our loved ones, and feel the sacred connection between us, without pain and emptiness that we feel right now. A time will come when we will want to laugh and live and love again. We have to let ourselves heal, in our own time and our own way. The beautiful men that we have loved and lost would want it that way.

God Bless....

Love, Carol

Hi Gisele:
I am sorry for your loss... and understand how it feels to have missed your brother's passing. I too missed my wife's... She was surrounded by our kids and her dog and, I hope content. In any case, you have sacrificed much over the last little while. It's not everyone who would/could hop from Calgary to Ottawa to help out. Your devotion is amazing... and, from my experience I know that you will feel better having done everything that you could to help. Getting into the game for somebody else back home on a volunteer basis I think will only serve to make your life richer and easier on those dealing with ALS who need it most.

CHeers

T.

Gisele - I just got back from vacation and am trying to catch up on the posts here. Just read about your brother and I'm so sorry to hear. My prayers are with you. It would be great if you could take your knowledge and compassion and help others going through this, either the PALS or CALS. Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back