Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
US
State
mass
City
revere
my love passed after 5 yrs with als, he was lucky he could still eat and talk, but could not more at all. i would watch over him day and night and never left his side, a week before his passing he had a dream that the light went out and he couldnt breathe he seen a bright light and was moving up to it and he notice his hands were no longer crippled but the light got smaller and smaller and close on him, bobby was on a vipap 24 a dayhe couldnt breathe without it, i was allways scared of the light going out and called the equiment place to see if a bipap could have a bettery backup the answer was no its not condiserd a lift support, i did get a bettery back but it was manual. bobby was sleeping that night with me right next to him, my son in law whos upstairs ran to tell me the lights were out it was 5 in the morning to my shock my beloved was gone, i never heard a sound coming from him and i was sooo sry i dint no the light went out, the reason was someone ran into a transfomer poll at 3 in the morning, he went so peacefull, i writing this to tell every one to advocate for a battery built in bypap, untill this time at least get light for a backup alarm system . my heart will be forever his. and all of you will be forever in my prayers , he died the way he told went to the light peacefull god bless you all love dottie

Dottie,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bobby. Thank you for sharing this story with us and thank you for all of the care you brought to Bobby!

Dottie, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family for comfort.

God Bless you all,

Dottie ,I am so sorry to hear about Bobby passing .God Bless you & your family during this difficult time.
Sharon

Dottie, my condolences to you and your family for your loss. I think it is wonderful that you were constantly by Bobbys side and speaks volumes about you.
God Bless you and your family,
Ted

I am sorry for your loss.

Dottie, my condolences for your loss. It must be so hard to lose him because of a power failure and it is a good warning to us all, thanks.

Oh Dottie, I'm so very sorry. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Bobby was so blessed to have had such good care.

Dottie I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Please accept my sympathies.

Dottie,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Your story gave me chills - his way of knowing and telling you he would be pain free.

Wishing you strength in this difficult time.

Shelley

so very sorry, Dottie. Thank you for sharing in your time of such loss.

I am so sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss Dottie.

AL.

Dottie, thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry about your beloved Bobby. Thank you for considering others in your time of extreme grief. To advocate for a battery back-up for the bi-pap or other breathing aids is a great idea. Our power went out one night and my husband (with ALS) woke up. I didn't. Had he not been able to sit up or wake me he would have been in serious trouble also. My sympathy goes to you and your family. But, Bobby's journey with this horrible disease is over and he is at peace and in the presence of THE LIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back