Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Hamilton
So, I hope it's appropriate to post this, I've never interacted on these forums before.

Here's my story.

About a month ago I started experiencing pains in my left calf and occasionally in the thigh (mostly at night), basically disregarded it for a few days before considering that I've been fairly inactive over the holidays and occupied the couch for a few more hours than I should have. I now notice that there are little rippling fasciculations in the calf muscle, still pain occurring, still only in the late evening.

Take a trip to urgent care, as my doctor is closed until Jan 4th. UC doctor suggests some kind of muscular degeneration, perhaps try physio, yoga and stay active, that's why it's happening. Next day I notice my right calf is now doing the same thing. This has now occurred essentially nonstop ever since. unnoticeable when I'm up and moving around, if I relax the muscles, they begin twitching. Been doing my best to see if there's any kind of weaknesses, imbalance, atrophy or anything of the sort, don't really notice anything. walking around on toes and heels, stretching, able to balance on and even hop on each leg independently, even still I go to my doctor who orders some bloodwork. The results are normal and he essentially says "Just try and stay active and we can look again in 6 months". I'm an absolute nutcase with my medical anxiety and always assume the absolute worst and convince myself there's no way it's not.

having heard all of this, am I over reacting? is my doctor just disregarding my concerns? I'm at a loss and I'm losing sleep and QOL over it.

Hi
I think your doctor was appropriate unless you feel that the pain is so severe it needs addressing. as far as ALS you are not describing it at all. Pain points away from it and twitches are meaningless

please stop self testing! You are likely to injure yourself if you persist and it is really an unhealthy behavior

good luck

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I'll do my best to heed that advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back