• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

My angel's suffering has ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for your loss and sending you prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to here this news Steve, I'll be praying for healing in the days and months ahead

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely wife..It is so wonderful that you were there for her. May God bless you and comfort you. I have not been on this forum long but I always smile when I saw your posts because your name: Hereforher was very telling. All spouses wish to have someone here for them in their time of most need..

I'm very sorry, Steve. Your love for your beautiful wife and hers for you is so evident. I like what she said in the end. My husband called our experience with ALS an adventure. Yasmin.

steve so sorry for your heartache. your in my thoughts and prayers

Wow! What an outpouring of support and sympathy! I am so honored to be a part of these forums, guy and gals. I had my reservations when I first joined, but it wasn't long until I realized that this place is truly a life saver!

It has been both a long and a short journey at the same time. I am still in a bit of a fog, and cannot believe that my true love and soul mate is gone forever. But I live now in her honor and glory, remembering all of our good times (and there were many!) and I am determined to go forward with her precious memories burned deep in my heart.

She was my best friend, my confidant, and my inspiration! I will miss her deeply for the rest of my days. She taught me so much! She was the most amazing person I ever knew. She was the real deal and a class act that was very hard to follow.

There will be a commemorative service held in her honor at Vanderbilt University on October 21st. Instead of flowers, donations can be made to the ALS Foundation. Any and all of you are invited, it will be open to the public.

Since she was a lifetime scientist at the highest level, the entire scientific community is shocked and in disbelief, as we all are. I think this will wind up shaking up those at the highest levels of science to begin seriously researching ALS. Ellen was widely known throughout the world, and very well respected among all of her peers and colleagues, and they are not taking this lightly. This could wind up being my wife's legacy, since she will be one of the most prominent people to be recently taken by this monster. I know for sure that the level of awareness will go up steeply, and I will be doing all I can to promote that awareness myself.

Thank you, one and all, for your many well wishes and unending support. I have been keeping up with everybody through Vicki......thank you so much Vicki! I love you all, people. Don't give up, and let's whip this demon, once and for all!

I was not going to do this, but I will now. Private message me if I can be of any help to any of you, please let me know.

Steve

I was really impressed to read about all of Ellen's accomplishments. Thanks for sharing and letting us know more about her. Kim

So sorry for your loss Steve, you did her proud. Stay strong and blessings to you

Steve wanted me to tell you all of Ellen's commemorative service on Oct. 21 at 2 pm at the Vanderbilt University Chapel. Anyone who like to attend is welcome.

I empathize with you since my wife died of ALS August of 12. I too could not sleep for awhile. It will take awhile to get your bearings back, so do not rush it. God be with you in your new life.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Ellen. How lucky we all are to have your continued support. That's what it will take to bring the nightmare to an end. Thank you.

Shelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back