muscle wasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muscle Wasting

My Husband Weighed 204 Lbs. He Was All Muscle, Little Body Fat, An Athelete At 55 Yrs. Old.

He Has Progressive Muscular Atrophy. It Has Affected His Upper Body, Shoulders, Arms, Chest Etc. Legs Are Still Good, Thank God. His Upper Body Is Skin And Bones. Where He Once Had Muscles, His Skin And Arms Hang, Unable To Use Them, His Shoulders Are Gone, Bones Remain And He Continues To Go To Work Monday To Friday And Never Ever Complains. He Weighs 174 Lbs. And Is Unable To Dress Himself But Tries His Very Best.

He Is My Hero And The Love Of My Life. He Has Shown Me What True Faith Is And How Every Single Day Is A Gift From God To Live And Laugh And Be Joy Filled, Despite What He Is Going Through. EVERYDAY HE THANKS ME AND TELLS ME HOW BEAUTIFUL I AM. ( I Am Not A Beauty But Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder They Say)

SORRY FOR GETTING OFF TRACK.

Welcome hoping. You can take whatever track you need here. We're in this together.
AL.

hoping for the best ,

You are not off track. It is horrible to have to watch a loved one go through this.

My muscle started in my thighs. Next came both calf's.

To mamaoftwo

See my posts in a recent thread entitled "I think i have als". I am disheartened by the pace of this thing, I am getting weaker on a daily basis, and the widespread twitching is unrelenting. From reading previous postings, my situation is quite similar to Chad Bowman, a previous poster who passed away earlier this year. Reading his posts made me realise my situation is progressing similar to his story, and I know my prognosis is not good. I am just trying to be as brave as he was, but it is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back