Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
First off, My name is Blair Hanner and I now reside in Atlanta,Georgia for the past 8 months. Before that I lived in Sarasota, Florida. for 15 years. I am now a 36 year old male and my symptoms presented about 2 years ago. I have taken Lopressor & Xanax for my High blood Pressure for the past 15 Years, I am NO LONGER ON ANY MEDICATION. My symptoms began with Muscle Twitching / Fasciculations in my Calf's, Muscle Soreness in my thighs- like a HOT Knife, Joint Pain with lower back pain, Exercise Intolerance & Fatigue, Problems Swallowing- Are really just a funny feeling in my throat " Like I need to clear my throat".

My Blood Pressure has always been high 155/90 and I have been on medication for it since I was 21, " Lopressor" and "Xanax". When the above mentioned symptoms began my BP dropped into normal range and has stayed there @110/ 60 not sure why? And drops very low at times.. I am no longer on medication. I had and still have an elevated CPK- 489 - and it has ranged from as low as 189 to 489. I also get Shortness of Breath- and feel the need sometimes to take deep breaths.

I have had a FULL WORK UP including a Muscle Biopsy - ( It was Neg. for everything!) My Muscle Biopsy was sent to Dr. Lee at Virginia University. My Aldolase was 5.0 and Normal, I also have had two (2) Needle EMG- (By the way they REALLY HURT!) The first one was at 4 mos. and the second one was at 14 mos. they were both Neg, EEG was neg, ECHO was Clear, ALL MRI's were Clear & Neg., EKG was also Neg., All other blood work has been Neg., My MYOGLOBIN was a little high at (55), and now I have and elevated "ALT" of like 59 & AST of 38 ?

I have been to MANY, MANY DOCTOR'S, Neurologist, and Rheumatologists they have told me that they do not think it is A.L.S. But one of my Doctors, told me that is almost sounds like I am being poisoned ? The only thing I can think about is that I had Silicone Injections many years ago in my face.

I am NOT sure what is going on with me but I am STILL VERY WORRIES THAT IT IS ALS ? Please let me know what you think ?]

Hi Blair -

I remember you posted before that ALS was confidently ruled out by several doctors. You also state here that all of your tests were negative for ALS. For these reasons, I do not think you have ALS.

Liz

Thanks Liz,

I just wanted to repost because a few thing's have changed ....I am still very worried . And I guess I am pulling at straws ? Thanks for everything ! You were really nice the last time I posted !

Blair Hanner

Blair-

What's with the poll?

This almost looks like a med school test.

As we all have suggested before, I think you should look at other conditions/illnesses.

I really can't add anything further to my replies to your original post.

CJ

Hi CJ

My ALT, ASt and C{K have all gone up from what they were before ?

am impressed. Without muscle weakness, fasciculations are not due to ALS. I would recommend seeing a neurologist to make sure this is only benign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back