Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pennslyvania
City
Altoona
Has anyone ever experience severe muscle spasms that run from the calf muscle to the foot and then have your toes curl in and stay that way for a while? After mine today I tried to walk and was unable to straighten my leg and when I stepped down I the side of my foot was directly on the ground. I also still have the huge lump of tight muscle in the calf.

Sounds like a major charlie horse there. I used to get them like that about 6-7 years ago but only at night. I'd have to jump up and put pressure or weight on it to get rid of it.

Al,

Are these normal with ALS? I went to the dr today and had bloodwork done. When I came home I had that awful thing, still unable to walk very well.

You have a doctor that works on Saturday? What a novel idea. I'm not sure if it is " normal" but I myself had them a couple of years before diagnosis. A lot of people do complain of cramps and spasm's. I take Baclofen and Quinine for them now. That doesn't mean you have ALS either. It could just be a charlie horse from an over stretch or twist.
AL.

iF stretch in bed boy do I get spasm in my calf and my toes curl all the time. Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back