Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Sandusky
I've written here before and did not receive an answer. Hopefully, this time I will.

I have muscle pain in my right arm from just above my elbow to just below it. The pain is worse upon exertion. The pain is on the inside of my elbow. Just below the inside of my elbow is a "knot" or "lump" which suddenly appeared there, and it is very sore to the touch. My right hand is sore and crampy in the palm area. I have been tested for MS and it has been ruled out. I have hyper reflexes and some weakness, accdg. to my neurologist. He has not done an EMG yet. I am scared, very, very scared, of ALS. It's all I can think about. I'm a 43 year old female looking for answers or any help, please.

We are not doctors but what you describe does not sound like ALS. Please go to an ALS Clinic and let the experts diagnose you.

You only wrote yesterday. First, how did your sleep study go? The pain you are describing and the lump do not sound like ALS. Do you know when you are getting your EMG?

AL.

Just wrote yesterday

I'm sorry, I just assumed that my message got lost in the tide. Didn't mean to accuse you guys of ignoring me. I had a sleep study last Sunday that went fine. My next neuro appt. is Sept. 11th. I assume (I hope) I get an EMG then. Or do they make separate appointments for EMGs?

I thought cramps were a sign of ALS

I thought muscle pain and cramping were signs of ALS? Or is that only in the later stages?

Not usually the burning pain you describe or the knot. Weakness and cramping yes. Some Neuro's do their own EMG's then but others will send you out. You can call and ask.

AL.

kellysmom,

HI, have had your RF factor checked? This lump and pain can be from Rheumatoid Arthritis. It somethimes presents with a knot type ball by a joint. I know that when I read about Kathleen Turner, she said it was like she had 2 elbows, because there was a knot on the inside. And you have pain in your hands. I would go to Rhuemy asap, if you have not already.

Good Luck!

april

Rheumatoid arthritis

I hadn't thought of that! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back