Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
UK
Hi folks , first of sorry for posting here , when I know what you guys are battling with , and having known a number of people over the years that were diagnosed . Iv recently been concerned with my own symptoms, in Jan I noticed muscle twitching in my foot which quickly moved to My calfs , I have two loads of bloods done with no deficiencys or other problems found , at my last doctor visit when they were checking the twitches on my calf , the doctors noted what she said was muscle fiber issues in my right leg , the same leg that cramps now and again along with pain my in right butt cheek. I never asked what she meant by fiber issue , but it clear what she was looking at , as when I raise my foot or tense it , it dents right in , my partner actually noticed this a couple of months back and noted it was getting worse hence why I went back the doctors . She has placed me on a waiting list for a neurologist, 4 months yayy, and I dont have a clue I should be worried now or if the muscle fiber issue is a form of atrophy . I have attached a pic , I was wondering if anyone has had a leg issue like this ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_221816.jpg
    IMG_20190910_221816.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 208
Please read this if you have not already done so: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

You’re not describing ALS at all. Most likely you have a localized musculoskeletal problem or localized nerve compression. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. A neurologist or orthopedist might be able to help diagnose your problem. But fortunately it looks nothing like ALS.

Thanks Karen, I have to say with the twitches I was not overly worried , there 24/7 and a bit of distraction but not painful unless my leg cramps. it was only when they noted the issues with my calf having muscle fiber problems and the doctor didn't go into more details other than saying i needed to.see a neurologist which concerned me. I didn't have a clue what atrophy looked like so thought I'd ask the question , I can stop fixating ony leg now , if that looks nothing like it , then fantastic . Read a lot on here , it's incredible the time use give to people , I'll defo give your forum a smal donation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back