Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmishh

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
12
Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
City
Detroit
Hi..
This is not my first time here but I had hoped I wouldn’t be back but I am so I will post what is happening now.
So in 2017 because of some leg twitching I went to neuro and had clinical exam and 2 different emgs that all came back fine/normal.

I should also state that I do have health anxiety and right now I’m not in the best place with it. I say this because I thought I read in the sticky post that a clean emg should mean no als.

My ongoing issue is that I have not felt well for over 5 years , the als fears started almost 3 years ago when the leg twitching started. I have been to numerous specialists and of course my pcp in search of some diagnosis for how I feel. This hasn’t happened and I just keep feeling worse and worse.

My ongoing symptoms really heavy legs that fatigue super easily.. used to be a runner and now taking a walk wipes me out sometimes. I still twitch anywhere from my feet up through my thighs. I have fatigue that is basically constant.. and ‘perceived’ weakness in many muscles.. legs, arms, core etc. I guess what brings me back here is that without answers I get taken back to this fear that maybe it is ALS despite all the testing I had done last year.

This sounds crazy as I am typing it but I just know in my gut that something is not right and I feel like I’m declining by the day almost. Does any of this sound remotely like the onset of ALS that was just missed. I am not trying to waste anyone’s time here AT ALL... just in a bad place right now with how I feel. Any input is welcomed and I thank you in advance for your time in reading this rambling post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent

Senior member
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
979
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
Basically if you had ALS for 5 years, there's an 80% chance you would be pushing up daisies now. If you were one of the lucky 20%, you would have serious decline of function. You would have an abnormal EMG. The fact you are sitting 5 years out from initial symptoms with no serious decline and several clean EMGs, I would think this is anxiety more than ALS. Please get this under control, it can really screw up a long normal life. Those of us here who are busy dying have limited patience for massaging other peoples neuroses.

Vincent
 

affected

Guru status reached
Joined
Apr 26, 2013
Messages
12,647
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
No one with ALS feels muscle fatigue.

You have to stop coming here and doing this PLEASE.
 

dldugan

Distinguished member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
203
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2018
Country
US
State
illinois
City
Mahomet
Please go discuss all of this with your primary care physician and take their advise.
 

Bestfriends14

Forum Supporter
Senior member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
913
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
AB
City
CALGARY
Enough already; it's time to stop and get a new hobby. You know you don't have ALS after years of symptoms, so it's best to stop poking dying people on a forum for terminally ill individuals. It's cruel.
 

Cmishh

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
12
Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
City
Detroit
I’m sorry to all of you. I will not post anything again. Please close this thread or delete it.
Sorry again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top