Not open for further replies.

Catlover9

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SE
Hi I'm a 30 year old man I have now since 6 months experienced symptoms. It all began 6 months ago with muscle twitches mostly in my legs but would appear in different locations of my body, Another thing that happend was restless legs symptoms like constatly moving my legs while sitting down Other things that happened was violent jerks when falling asleep that would shock me awake, could be legs shoulders or whole body jerks. So I saw my doctor who did a neurological exam to check reflexes muscle strenght etc it was all good, blood test was also good.

About 2 months ago I noticed my legs would feel weaker when I'm out for walks I have to stop because it feels like legs is about to die and can't take another step after a few minutes of rest I can walk again but this happens even after only 15 minutes of walk. It's not like it's been worse it's the same weakness it does not improve or get worse. Now I have constant muscle fasciculation in my legs it helps a little bit if I take magnesium. A week ago I had another exam by my doctor everything was fine muscle strenght was good I could walk on heels and toes no abnormal reflexes. I'm scheduled for an MRI soon to rule out MS Do you know what's happening or what could be the cause? Could it be ALS?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not doctors here so it is not wise for us to speculate on what it might be, but you are not reporting ALS onset which is great news. I hope you read the sticky post as it addresses your concerns quite thoroughly.

Let us know once you have a diagnosis as it is helpful for others who twitch and jerk.

Ok thank you for your reply. What do you mean I don't report ALS onset?

It really sets it all out here: Read Before Posting in plain language. Along with your doctor's exam indicating no neurological concerns, the linked post should provide you with reassurance. You will have to keep working with your doctor to figure out the cause of your issues, but ALS would not be a direction to look in.

Do read that link carefully - PALS don't feel all things you report, they simply stop being able to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back