Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
Hi all,

I have been getting muscle cramping all over, now it is in my face and jaw.

Does anyone ever get like this, or do you just get cramping in the effected muscles.
I am very stiff and spastic don't know if it is coming from that.

crytalkk

I take Quinine Sulfate 325mg to control my cramping. I find it works very well.

Cramping was my first symptom but has diminished over time. They were severe at first.

The only problem with this drug is that they took the generic versions off the market. It is more expensive than it should be. Last November it was $5 a month. Now it is $50.

Jim

Hey Crystal, hello everybody

Also cramping was one of my first symptoms, and it is in my legs, hands, jaw and stomach, it keeps on coming and going and so far I am not taking any medicine for it.

Omar

Hi Omar,

Have you tried drinking quinine water? Faygo has a diet one = 0 calories and 89 cents a bottle. I put lemon juice in it and keep it cold. It's a great drink. I have had no cramps since I started drinking it everyday. Best Wishes, Peg

muscle cramps

I used to have severe muscle cramps, but I discovered that it was usually when I was not drinking enough water, I don't have cramping when I drink plenty of liquids... Gatorade also seems to help ease muscle cramps.

Hey Peg and Bill

Actually I do drink lots of Gatorade and Water but sometimes I don't drink at all so maybe that's why cramps come and go, I don't know but from now on I will keep on drinking even when I am in a bad mood. By the way Peg what do you mean by Quinine water?

Tnx you

I think Peg means Tonic Water as it contains quinine.

I get cramps all over as well. They can happen anywhere and I have discovered they can happen in places I did not realize. But the more water I drink the less they happen.
Gatorade does not seem to work for me. WATER, WATER & more WATER.

Hi Omar,

Opps! Yep Tonic water. Regular water does not prevent cramps for me but the tonic does. It's a gin and tonic without the gin. Sorry, Peg

I take Quinine Sulfate 325mg to control my cramping. I find it works very well.

Cramping was my first symptom but has diminished over time. They were severe at first.

The only problem with this drug is that they took the generic versions off the market. It is more expensive than it should be. Last November it was $5 a month. Now it is $50.

Jim
Jim,

I don't know where you live but you can buy it from on-line pharmacies for $27.50 per 100 capsules. That works out to about $8/month if you need one a day. For example:
http://www.smartmed.ca/canada_drugs/buy_quinine_sulfate_canada.asp

If you live in the US, you can still order it here.

I rely on Quinine pills, too. My doc said I would have to drink quarts of the stuff to have the tonic drink take effect. Not that I am adverse to a little gin and tonic now and then! :-D Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back