Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Wimbledon
City
London
Hi All,

I've had blood tests come back indicating that i have slightly elevated creatine kinase, doctor has agreed to have me seen by a muscle/neuro expert. But today I noticed on my biceps and they're not very big small bumps slightly smaller than a pea but also the muscle towards my shoulders and on my upper leg muscle never noticed these before i am really stressing out now.. getting hot and cold flashes any ideas?

Second thread in a day?

Now Bumps? New bumps you say?

Run, don't walk to your nearest biopsy office!

Gotta ask... Did a wayward 100 MPH Wimbledon tennis ball smack you on the head?

ottawa_girl im not very good with humor right now, please advise if i should go to the hospital now?

I am shaking

I think that you are letting your anxiety get to you bad, make an appointment with your doctor and talk about your concerns!

Please advise if Ottawa girl was just joking? about run to the biopsy clinic

What humour?

The ball is my court again?

This set is over.

I'm done. Off to pub to meet & greet other gnomes and trolls.

No she is not telling you to seriously do that in my opinion, but you do need to make an appointment with your doctor to try and calm yourself.

sorry both, i need to learn to manage my anxiety and worry. I have the utmost respect for people who deal with it day in and day out. Your humour is funny ottawa i will give you that, not often do we win tennis in our own backyard so it may be that i have been hit a few times with the tennis ball, but it seems like on this occasion it was in my biceps. and would just like an answer if this is what it feels like when the muscle starts to dissappear?

No, "bumps" are not a characteristic of muscles as they atrophy do to ALS. It's possible that they are something called trigger points, typically due to muscle overload. They typically are the source of pain that may be far removed from the location of the trigger point - called referred pain. They are exacerbated by stress. Trigger point massage can be very helpful, if that's what they are.

Last edited:
Thank You Phil. And thanks to everyone for your quick response. I wish you all a great weekend

You need to see a doctor. Check out my hand. This is my left nondominant hand showing atrophy (muscle loss). I can't move my index finger side to side and only bend it down if it goes with the middle finger. When my arm cramps it pulls my hand down at the wrist, and makes the middle finger stand up and all the others and the thumb curl in. No joke it really does.

I have cramps in my legs, arms and rarely my back on one side. The worst cramps for me are feet after i work all day. The twitches only stop when I am awake and not at rest. I limp a little bit on the left side.

I can't button or zip my pants, especially in the mornings. I use a button hook and a pair of pliers to do that job. Sometimes my arms and hands cramp when i pull my pants up by the belt loops. I can only tie my tennis shoes sometimes and it takes me a long time and is upsetting. But I want control as long as I can. The worst of that is I am a 2nd grade teacher and I can't tie my students shoes when the need help. That bothers me more than not doing my own.

Go to your PCP. That's wear I started. Then to my neuro. He has referred me to an ALS clinic in Dallas because of my EMG results. Little bumps would not have gotten me through all those steps.

Tracy

PS sorry if the pic doesn't work or is upside. Goofy, playful college daughter helping. TF.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 1,437
Ok it's upside down sorry. And Ottawa girl that was a good one.

The little nodules are smaller than pea size and are mainly around the fatty bits of my biceps and by the leg muscles above the knee but are less noticeable there. They're not visible only when you rub your finger into the muscle . What you have said has really freaked me out this morning. It's a Saturday here and I can't go see anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back