DDT

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BE
Hi all,

I am a 31 years old male with severe muscle atrophy all over my body.
I was always very active (soccer and weightlifting).
About a year ago (march 2022) I had an inhalation trauma at work; For that I used steroid inhalers and nasal steroid spray. I also sometimes had to take cortisone orals to get it better.
So afterwards I was a little less active and gained a lot of fat.
I also lost muscle mass, but until the summer this wasn't concerning because I thought it was from being active.

Since september I tried to be active again and tried to restart weightlifting, two weeks in it and my back really started to hurt. I had an MRI off the back but nothing was found, just some muscle weakness was thought by my PT.

In the mean time I continued to lose a lot of muscle mass all over my body. My hands, arms, shoulders, legs, chest,... everything. I lost more muscle than just some losses of being inactive. Also, I started to became more active again.

Today it is difficult to use my left hand because of the atrophied muscle. my finger muscles are all gone. sometimes I get cramps in it, depending how I move my fingers. But the atrophy was definitly first.

Two weeks ago I decided to go to the doctor. I had a blood test and all came back to normal.
I now have an EMG scheduled and I am very scared as I am having a child of 1 years old to have a bad diagnose.

Could this be ALS?
PS: the muscle wasting/atrophy is everywhere. Not just my left hand. But I am right handed so I had more muscles in my right side.

I don’t know what is wrong with you but all over muscle loss ( if that is what you really have) doesn’t sound like ALS
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back