Multiple muscle twitching, weakness in leg, normal EMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for kind messages.

At the risk of sounding even more annoying.

Question: is there such thing has emg done on wrong limb? I only did it on legs. But twitches are in bicep/triceps and back too.

SDB, simple answer... no.
You've posted 7 messages and several replies and this has gone on now for 2 pages.

Last edited:
No, the EMG of someone with ALS has specific abnormalities even in muscles that seem fine.

Please go back to the READ BEFORE posting sticky post in resources.
Every time you think up a new question, go check that post again as it probably answers.

Just an update:
Mayo clinic website says that als often begins with twitching and occasional slurring of some words.

I have occasional slurring of words and swallowing issues since my last post. Twitching has increased to multiple locations than my last post. Its more frequent. Certain words if i try to say fast in slurr then in notice it and correct myself. I repeat the word to myself loudly.

I am meeting with neurologist on dec 2 and i am going to explain these new symptoms to him. I hope he orders an emg of upper body and examines my tongue and swallowing issue.

What mayo actually says
ALS often begins with muscle twitching AND ( emphasis mine) weakness in a limb, or slurred speech.
And then more specifically
Signs and symptoms of ALS vary greatly from person to person, depending on which neurons are affected. It generally begins with muscle weakness that spreads and gets worse over time

let us know what the neurologist says

Please don't just keep this thread going by searching to find things on the internet that contradict our understanding of ALS in the sticky.
For sure, go down all the rabbit holes you want, but please don't ask us to keep debating these things.
You are seeing a neurologist soon, get your questions in order and let us know. Until then, truly start looking at how you can make the most of your day, your health and your life as you won't get this time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back