Diagnosis
4/2006
Country
oce
State
new jersey
City
forked river
Hi all, Thought you may find this interesting. MSG found in following: autolyzed yeast, hydralyzed protein (all), glutamate, glutamic acid, calcium caseinate, sodium caseinate, gelatin, textured protein, yeast food, natural flavoring, soy protein, yeast food, natural flavoring, soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey protein, soy sauce, malt flavoring, barley malt, ultra pasteurized, boullion and broth, soup stocks, maltadextrin, enzyme modified. Avoid gluten or gliuden! Glutamic Acid is glutamic acid freed from protein. It is a neurotoxic dangerous for neurological disorders. L-Glutamic acid is okay. Non denatured whey protein has no MSG. Amazing what the foods we buy contain, and we aren't aware of unless we carry a dictionary. Have a good day. My Best to all, Beebe

Hi Beebe. I moved your post up here because you had it down in one of the other panels that is usually used for website problems. Hope you don't mind but more will notice it up here. AL.

Al

Hi Al, Thank you for putting me in the right place. I don' t know what happened but I couldn't find where to post my message. Your help is welcomed. where do I go? My best to you . Beebe

Hello eveyone. What is safe to eat. I'm so confused about all of this. If anyone can give me a list of safe foods to eat I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Chris

who knows anymore

who knows anymore, what is safe and what is not!

some say stay away from cow's milk, some say it's okay. Some say stay away from aspertame, and dairy and wheat and red meat, and canned tuna with too much toxins, etc. Don't cook in Aluminum pots. There isn't one answer I am sure.

I eat what I want, when I want it. that is it.! I went to the Shopsy's plant and watched how they make hot dogs, I t wasn't pretty, but I still eat them. They are especially good over an open fire and cut into Spidey weeneees. whatever.!

Sorry, I hope that wasn't too flipant.

Barbie :)

No not really. From various threads here over the past while I've come to the conclusion the only thing safe to eat and drink is belly button lint and boiled distilled water. Alas I do not partake of either. I eat red meat, Lovely steak ,baked potato, fresh asparagus for dinner tonight and topped it off with a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar. Not exactly haute cuisine but good enough for me. I eat most everything and figure if the msg or aspartame don't get me a bus will. A long time ago one of my favourite sayings was "Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die." Now I really believe it except it is now " eat drink and feel Mary but don't let her husband catch you." Just kidding of course but the point is you can't take all the crap the (scientists) tell you at face value. Some of these so called studies study as few as 100 people. How can that tell you much? And by the way a glass or 2 at least of red wine a day is good for you. It hasn't killed me or hurt my liver yet. And I know a bunch of people that do the same and they aren't sick so my study says it is OK to drink 2 or possibly more glasses of red wine on any given day and it probably won't kill you. So that's my scientific data and if you don't like it do your own study.

ChrissyWho

Hi, My son-in-law Jack was diagnosed April2006 he is 41. He is eating Organic Foods. He has gained 6 pounds,and is healthy if not for ALS. MSG is not good for anyone it makes you feel tired and weak. We will try anything it doesn't hurt and believe me Organic tastes better. His blood work for metals this month went down quite a bit . Each person is different and you know your body, so you decide what makes you feel better. I doesn't hurt to try. Just trying to share a little info. We are all in this together! My Best to you , Beebe

Actually I do try and eat healthy as far as chemicals. I don't drink anything with aspartame and try not to eat too much processed foods to avoid the MSG. Only fresh vegetables and fruit and our filtered well water. My point was really that you have no idea what is good and what is bad. Who checks the organic gardner to see if he isn't putting something not allowed on the veggies? It's just blind faith in what someone else is telling you is right. My dad used to say don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. A bit simplistic but things can be faked and people are getting caught bilking millions every day. Sooo eat what you feel is right and let the chips fall where they may. And maybe we'll all see each other in heaven one day.

Thank you all for making me feel better. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that's confused on what is supposed to be good and what isn't. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and hope for the best.:)

Chris

You did it again, Al

:-D

Al: You did it again! Had me laughing out loud in my office and my kids wondering what is so funny. Belly button lint, you are such a card!

I also follow the Eat, Drink and be Merry (not feel Mary) rule. In fact, I enjoyed a nice bottle of Wolfblass merlot this weekend. Went to the drive in with the kids and Gail, Tim and their kids and had alot of laughs. Just what we needed! Kinda cold though.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping me smiling!

Barb :)

Al,

I was thinking of a way we could cultivate and sell your belly button lint as a health food supplement (Mannatech eat your heart out), but I did some research and unfortunately your belly button lint is classified as a contaminant under the EPA:

Environmental Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER E.19

“contaminant” means any solid, liquid, gas, odour, heat, sound, vibration, radiation or combination of any of them resulting directly or indirectly from human activities that causes or may cause an adverse effect including, without limitation, Al's belly button lint; (“contaminant”)

So if you been "digging in" when you are a bit peckish - you may want to start snacking on something else - toe jam perhaps?

No No too much sugar in toe jam. Besides we live in Canada and can tell the EPA where to stuff their belly lint. Now Health and Welfare Canada usually takes about 10 years longer than the EPA to act on something so Who's up for some fluff?

Is that what that stuff is! I thought it was the contents of my wallet! Talk about MTpockets!

T.

No No Tbear. Those are moths coming from your wallet. Carol and you will be pleased to hear that I partook of a bottle of Fat Bastard Merlot that was brought to dinner by a friend tonight. That's probably why I am up so late. It wasn't the only red we had though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back