Not open for further replies.
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Hello everyone-

After 3 years of trying to get a neurological diagnose for my symptom I finally have one. I was at the ALS Clinic at Sunnybrook Toronto in late November. While my symptoms are progressive and extremely similar to ALS Dr. Zinman said that my symptoms are not progressing quickly enough to be ALS. With a review from 2 other neurologist it has been decided I have Progressive MS, without plateaing or relapes. I am now being seen by the MS Clinic at St. Michael's Hospital here in Toronto.

While I am relieved not to have ALS and that if I take good care of myself and medications are effective I may live longer, but there are not guarentees with any illness of how long we live. After fighting for a diagnose for close to 5 years I now have a better idea how I will live my life and what joys and adventures I am still able to look forward to and how I can make the most of the time I have.

For those of you who are seriously looking for a diagnose I wish you all the best in getting the care and understanding that you will need. For those of you who are scared and grabbing at strawing try to let it go for awhile. Sooner or later you symptoms will make sense and they just maybe symptoms that are treatable or curable. There is so much we know about our heads and nervous/electrical systems and how all the toxics in our environments are effecting our bodies. Our doctors are not Gods- they can only do what they know.

I won't be on the site again, so I wish everyone the very best for the New Year, enjoy every minute you have in this world and give to ours when you can. I wish everyone peace, joy, hope and love.... Karin:p

Karin that is such a relief for you I'm sure --even though it is a serious d i s e a s e too and must have been scary to be given that as a d x. I have MS--diagnosed in 1983 and I function very well and with today's treatments the words MS aren't as scary as they used to be twenty years ago. I have been very fortunate with how MS has affected me and with the drugs available. I started with relapsing remitting and eventually moved to Secondary Progressive about 3 years ago. Lots of good meds out there for MS. I started with Rebif trials, moved on to Betaseron which was the most effective (had to go off that one due to neurtralizing antibodies, and now take Copaxone. Plus our medical system in Canada makes the costs of drugs not impact on choices for treatment. Good luck and I hope you progress very slowly like I have. May God Bless you on your journey.
Laurel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back