Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
My new neurologist could not believe I had no prior imaging done.
So I have an mri scheduled for the 11th.
I had blood work done today.
The doc explained that parkinsonism and Parkinson's isn't the same thing. And Parkinson's has treatment parkinsonism doesn't.
The neurologist in la jolla California said I have voice dystonia but the dr here says no its dysphonia no big deal I still sound the same. Only treatment for dysphonia is botox injections. Never mind I don't know about that.

Well it sounds like you're getting there, slowly but surely.

thanks for letting us know Denise, it's such a long road isn't it?

now we wait for Friday to get another step down that road.

keep smiling and talk to yourself, it helps! <wicked grin>

Denise, do you have tremors or uncontrolled muscle jerks? If you do you may need some meds to help control them. Any mri I had it takes at least 45 minutes of lying absolutely still.

no tremors except during activity and no jerking movements at all. thanks for the heads up vicki didnt know it would be 45 minutes wow!
sad thing is i have to miss out on my sons ait graduation in california i wont be able to be there on the 10th and be back on the 11th here in ohio

I had a MRI of my breasts about 4 years ago. It lasted a good 45 minutes in a very uncomfortable position. The noice was the worst and so loud even with headphones on. It was like hearing a jackhammer. Be careful getting up afterwards. I was a little dizzy afterwards.

Are you claustrophobic ? You are put in tube like machine, no wiggle room. Is the mri of your head? If so they put a cage like mask over your face and head that attaches to the table. First one I had like that I had panic attack. Second time I begged them not to put the cage on my face and promised to not move and they let me do it.

Thanks vicki! I've never had a problem with small spaces so far I hope not now.
Thanks kim I never had this done before so that's a good thing to know!
I'm wondering how I will actually feel when it happens...

It will be of my head.
I am wondering if something is wrong on the mri will they let me know right away?

Mine had to be read by a radiologist then sent to the neuro.

Never had a MRI?...that is strange.
I cried the first time (had 4) as I am claustrophobic but once in I just closed my eyes the whole time.
Hope it goes ok for you and you can finally get the right diagnosis.

I know some place have what they call Open Mri's that you don't get as claustrophobic in. We have them at our hospital.

Thanks yall! I hope you are right kim about open mri. Wow Olly 4! Yeah I been saying I thouggt it was odd too.
Weird thing I noticed myself was that my riggt leg seemed to jerk more than the left when tapped. Maybe I'm over thinking it lol!
Tillie fyi ha ha I haven't been talking to myself but have been eating more out of being anxious over the whispers the nurse practitioner and neurologist were doing as watching me walk.
I'm like tell me what your thinking already! Geesh don't keep me in the dark! So now I'm on the seafood diet I see food I eat it lol!

Don't fret it, Denise. You are one tough cookie and I am sure you will do just fine. I have had both the open mri and the other mri. The open is better for the fact you aren't in a tunnel. They are both loud though. They gave me headphones with music piped in. Except for the head mri.

Thanks again! I will update when I know.

we are all thinking of you Denise *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back