Diagnosis
07/2018
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
My Mom had a call from a medical imaging center yesterday confirming my Dad’s MRI appt. She knew nothing about the appt and when asked who booked it they said it was requested by my Dad’s neurologist.
Of course we can’t get a hold of his neurologist to ask why...

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be need after he was diagnosed over 6 months ago?

Thanks for your input.

No. Very odd. Was he recently seen? Were there any issues of concern that might have prompted this? What part of the body? Any chance this is somehow leftover from the diagnostic phase?

Cherisse, was this ordered by Dr Briemberg or another neuro? Was it ordered before he started seeing her? Sometimes the waitlists are 8+ months long. Something similar happened to me a couple years ago. My second neurologist ordered an MRI and forgot to cancel it when he referred me to Dr Briemberg.

Yes that could be it with the BC medical system being so slow. It was Dr.Stables that ordered it and his last appt was Oct but nothing was said at that time regarding having an MRI.
I believe it’s a MRI of the spinal cord.

Hopefully they return our call and we get an answer. Thank you for your ideas. Might very well be just a slow medical system and not necessary anymore since his confirmed diagnosis.

I had an MRI of the spinal cord and a spinal tap (lumbar puncture). I was told these were a standard part of the diagnostic process. There was a herniated disc found during the MRI and I was told to have it fixed, but after the diagnosis I was told to not have the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back