Status
Not open for further replies.
my biggest question right now is the headaches---is that from lack of oxygen?

Dr. Kwan believes and so do i that she seems to have somewhat of a cognitive problem. i've noticed that at times she will laugh almost uncontrollably, then other times she seems so angry and mean spirited.........anyone else seen this?

Two things: 1) How often do you check her oxygen saturation level? Was this checked at her last appointment? You can actually buy a little portable pulse oximeter for around $150, and then you can check both the oxygen saturation level as well as the heart rate on a regular basis. 2) My mom doesn't have any bulbar symptoms, so I am just repeating what I have read. As I understand it, the extreme outbursts are an upper motor neuron sign and are not necessarily "emotional," so to speak. I think the term is hyperlability, and I also think that I read about a medication that treats this symptom. You might do a search for hyperlability.

I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you. It must be really frustrating to sit by and watch someone who does not want much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back