Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a little stunner 😀😌😍🥰
so very glad all is well and you must be beaming!

She is BEAUTIFUL! And I love her name! Congratulations!

She's beautiful, Sue! Cheers.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you everyone. She is an adorable little peanut.

hugs

Omg how beautiful is she? Congratulations.

How is everyone? I hope you are keeping safe with Corona and all. I have been missing you. I have also been a bit sick. Heavy fever for days. The tests were good. Im finally without fever. But i have an issue. I cant control my uterus at night and everything in my tests look fine. My doctor says it could also be a hidden neurological condition. It scared me, could be one of the starting symptoms? . I came back home and all i think so is this. Anyway. Still here. Please be careful with Corona we hear dreadful things about whats happening in the US. Keep strong. Kisses snd hugs from me.

Sue, she is beautiful! Congratulations--new life is such a gift.

What a beautiful relaxed smile ! She already knows she is loved !

Thank you everyone.

Nina - I pray you can let go of your fear. Things here, in some places are not nearly as bad as projected. I'm not going to get political, just know we are doing better than it may seem.

I know it's been a bit since I've popped in. I had been house hunting and work has been busy. I've decided to put the move on hold. The market is ridiculous here right now, and I refuse to over pay for a home I'm downsizing too. And actually when I let go of that idea and decided that I was staying put for now, it seemed to take a huge load off of me.

I did learn that it is still very raw and difficult for me to meet and be with families also facing ALS. It is a huge trigger for me. I have to just be away from it all for now.

I think of all of you often and pray you are holding up under either the stress of still battling this monster, or the battle to recover from doing so.

Please know you are all in my hearts, and I will try to pop in from time to time to check on everyone.

Hugs

Wanted to pop in with an update.

DD passed her Physical Therapy boards. She tested on the 4th, got her answer on the 10th, moved to SC on the 11th and starts her new job tomorrow. Whew.

So I am really, totally an empty nester now.

Jersey - I partly replied on Becky's thread, but I wanted to continue here. It too don't ever want to do the caregiving thing again either. I may get stuck with it at some point, but I'm not putting myself out there. Too much PTSD right now. I found out just how profound that was with my friend's 50th protesting his BD party. Seeing his GF sent me reeling.

As to my grand daughter, I haven't seen her much over the last month. DD went for her interviews, so we were both quarantined from her for 2 weeks. Then we saw her on the 1st. Then DD's GF came in from Oregon and her DBF from SC last weekend so, I'm back on the quarantine list. I have another week to go.

Good news is, I finally connected with a neighbor who I knew lived here, but never ran into. DS had seen his father walking the dog a few years ago. This guy played hockey with DS kind of. We knew the fam from there. In the 3-4 weeks since we've reconnected, he's helped me tremendously. My own special angel. And I'm sure it gives my kids peace of mind that there is someone who can check on me should the need arise.

That's it for updates for now.

I do think of and miss all of you. Hugs

Hi all,

it’s definitely been awhile and I’m feeling this time of year. Brians BD is the end of Oct, followed closely by the second anniversary of his passing end of Nov. I can’t believe it’s going to be 2 years, but it some ways it feels like a lifetime.

I went back to therapy last week, I’m struggling with the anniversary approaching. And I’m feeling that empty nest for sure.

My sweet little Emi is growing quickly. She turned 3 mo on Thursday. It’s a blessing and a curse to visit her. Brian wanted grandkids in the worst way. Ours were barely teenagers and he would talk about all the fun stuff we could do with the grands. That makes it especially difficult.

DD is coming in this weekend for a quick visit. It will be good to hug her tight. Right now she is being a blessing to her one coworker who is 25 and just lost her dad to a sudden heart attack.

Haven't done anything to the house and still sorting what I want to do. I was doing some cleaning in my bathroom. I didn’t realize how much was still in Brian’s side that I never went through. Basically a lot of expired meds that I tossed yesterday, water for the humidifier on the vent, things like that.

im trying to get some much needed decluttering done in case the idea to move re occurs. So much stuff.
I hope you all are doing well. I think of you often, even if I don’t pop in much.

hugs,

Hi Sue,

Glad to“see” you again!

I’m sorry things are hard. The thing is, when a friend or even another family members dies, you lose a person and it’s heart wrenching. When you lose a partner, you have all of that plus you lose the life you knew and your vision of your future.

We lost the life we knew and the future we imagined with the diagnosis, witnessed our husband’s loss of their own bodies before they passed on and then finally the death. It’s overwhelming, and people who think “that was awhile ago now” need to think on that.

I’m glad you are taking care of yourself though and finding some good out there. I’llcheck in more myself soon.

The lead up to these anniversaries and occasions is always really hard.
I'm glad you getting help to work through it. 2 years - hard to believe it's been that long already, and yet that is not very long at all, still so very raw and fresh.
Take much care Sue, you don't have to rush sorting out your life, it's yours 💜

Thank you Lenore and Tillie,

I love the wisdom here, but also find it difficult to come here. So many not so good memories start flooding back. At the same time I miss my friends here, then get notified of another gaining their angel wings. So hard to see.

On a brighter note, I’ve found cleaning helps keep my mind busy, and frankly it’s hugely needed. So much as been accumulated over the years with no attention to it, that I realized it would be impossible to move right now. I’d have too much stuff for the smaller place and it would take forever to pack etc.

im working on it and will try to pop in more often.

Lenore it’s good to see you too. As with Becky, our journeys change all around the same time. So many of the same feelings going on. And yes, not only did we lose a partner, but also our future dreams. Trying to figure out new ones is hard.

Tillie you are always filled with so much wisdom.
hugs everyone.

Hi Sue, Lenore and Tillie!

Good to "see" you all again. I, too, have that love/hate relationship with this forum. So much love, but so much heartbreak. I really feel that we're all grieving for the life we lost both before and after our spouse's passing. Rebuilding life is hard.

Looks like I'll be moving in the next few months. Unfortunately, my Mom passed away in August after an unexpected surgery and ICU stay. She lived in the same town as me, but in a much smaller house. So I'll be moving there once mine sells. I'm her executor, so I'm now working on 2 houses. I am comfortable with the decision, as I have many friends here. I think I need it to get my feet back under me. One step at a time.

Love to you all!

Jrzygrl so sorry for the loss of your mum. I hope that sorting all the financials and house affairs out goes as smoothly as it can and you find yourself in a place of peace.

We can never describe this 'side' of things, but it's nothing like I ever imagined!

Sue, I'm so glad to know a little of where you are at - I know you will work through what you need to. It's great these threads stay open longer now too so your update is in here.
There are not many CALS talking here now, so I do miss some of the 'family' feeling we had here, but in more ways I am glad you are all doing as ok as can be.

Lenore it's so good to see you too, what a ride eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back