Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all,

I did stay home from doggie class and it was the best decision for my mental health. I had a very productive, yet relaxing day. I got the vinyl floors mopped and the carpeted floors vacuumed. I also go some other areas cleaned. I’m far from done, but the house feels so much better for what did get done.

I also found the sign I was looking for for my laundry room. That room is almost as complete as it can be until new flooring. Looks so different. Funny part it, the way you enter the room, you can’t see the wall that has the new shelves and decos, it hits you when you turn toward the washer/dryer. I also ordered the baskets I could not find locally from amazon. They will be for the top shelf for the paper towels and TP.

Now that it’s getting a little cooler out, I hope to get to my garage shelving unit that needs a good through gone thru. Slowly things are coming together.

Have a great day all

It can feel so good to just put some things in order can't it Sue?

I got another load of mulch on the weekend, I'm going to feel so good!
Thought I would show you what it looks like, I've only taken a bit out so far (about 10 wheelbarrow loads gone).
The 2 higher points are just a little taller than me (I'm only 5' I should add).
IMG_5547.jpg

Yay on the laundry room and much luck w the garage shelves.

That's a huge load of much. Are you in winter right now? Looks really nice and sunny and green.

My load these days would be paperwork. Paperwork of all kind...

@ReginaS yes winter, but this is a subtropical place. Add global warming and I was working in the garden last week in singlet and shorts.
So with the extra heat, and the long droughts (we just went through the worst drought in 100 years that lasted nearly 12 months), I'm mulching more than ever. This is my second load of mulch this winter. It comes from a local tea tree farmer.
Don't mean to hijack your thread Sue 🤗🤫🤭

Tillie no worries about hijacking, I was going to say pretty much the same thing as Regina anyway, so question answered. :)

Thank you all for the laundry room comments. Still work to do, but so much better. However I understand the paperwork pile all too well.

Work today and then the therapist and a walk with a friend tonight.

Have a great day all

Been a busy couple of days. Therapist went well, but whatever it was I was in tears all night and I can’t think of what we talked about that should have been a trigger. Oh well.

yesterday I finally got my bathroom finished and went to Bunco at the clubhouse last night. I won a plant. Succulents. I’m not good with those and I’m so over run with plants, but it was very nice. It’s out side for the time being. The gal who was hosting and bought them, is great with plants and said they like it outside. Winter will be another issue.

Have a great day all

Time flies when you are busy. Work yesterday and errands, and a mega storm that had electric out for hours.

This morning DS came over, gave me a good WO, helped me to get that shelving unit in the garage emptied and organized. Tossed a few things. The garage is getting closer to being complete.

No work indoors today.

Time now for a shower and I have to go get a gift for the christening tomorrow for my Great nephew. Going to be a busy weekend.

Hugs all

Saturday was go, go, go all day. Then yesterday I did something strange. After church I had lunch, took care of the dogs and did some meal prep for breakfast, that’s my worst time of the day for cooking.

Anyway, after I finished that I put some music on and sat in my fav chair. I looked at my phone and just relaxed. Yeah what is that? It felt so good to be able to finally really relax.

What I wish for everyone here is to finally be able to find some time to relax.

Hugs all

Well this week went sideways quickly.

Remember that “kick me” sign I said never seemed to come off. Well I’ve decided that it now tattooed permanently on my back.

On Tuesday I found out that one of our Admin Assist put in her 2 week notice. And as is usually the case, it’s the one I’d never want to leave. So I have been at the office trying to learn her job. We will need to fill the position, but I want to learn it first Incase whomever we hire doesn’t fit or doesn’t like it. She’s been in that position since before we bought the place.

Life takes many unexpected turns.

Hugs all

That is such a bummer Sue! If only things could be easy sometimes!

so far so good with learning the admin’s position. So far nothing has been hard. Just using a data base to record or print out info. Easy, memorizing the steps not to bad either. Don’t think I will have much of an issue with that part. Depending on what I see over the next several weeks, not sure we even need a FT person, but that will depend greatly as I’ve only scratched the surface. Fortunately I seem to pick up on things fairly quickly.

It will also give me an opportunity to keep my eye on a few things, which will be very good.

Today is the last puppy class for Willow. I’m happy about that. Not sure she will pass, but at least that big 3 hours chunk out of my Sat will be gone and that’s a good thing, esp since I will be out of the house full time.

Have a great weekend all

Let’s see, Willow did pass her class. Not sure how much she learned, but I’m happy to have that over with for now. Just not in the right head space at the moment.

Yesterday and this morning find me not so great. I know today is connected to what I have to do shortly addressing the employees. I’ve woken with a scratchy throat and I’m sure its connected to stress. Dang it’s hard being at work. It was Brian’s baby and I see him everywhere I look. For some people going back to work can be a safe haven, away “from it all”. A time to concentrate on work and forget about what just happened, if only briefly. I don’t have that. Work is him, home is him. No space to not reflect. I hate this.

I often talked about moving out in the woods in a tiny home when this was done. I still think about that, however I have to take me, with me, so I don’t know if that would be comforting or not. At least I would not see him in everything in the home.

It’s been a tough week. Praying my talk is well received.

Hugs

Thinking of you, Sue. Hope you can find a peaceful place for yourself soon.

Hugs

Thinking of you Sue. You do have to take you with you, but sometimes a fresh start is just what we need. I am relived not to be going to the same desk every day where I sat when I went through all that with Brian.

Sue, I'm sorry this is so hard... I hope you can sell the business and the house and get a fresh start. You deserve to be happy!

Hugs friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back