Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, so sorry Sue!

If anything good is to be found in your and your mom's situation then it's your knowledge of the health system and the squeaky wheel perseverance in dealing with people. This will give you time to just be with her, I hope.
Maybe you can leave the kick me sign in the attic of the house you're putting on the market.
Hugs!

Thanks everyone.

I sure hope I can finally get rid of the kick me signs Wish, Obviously I haven’t shaken them yet. :)

Waiting on a call from my brother about the time to meet with Hospice today. Still a little early for that, so I’m catching up here and having breakfast.

No other major plans for the day, as I will go to Mom’s

Hugs

So sorry Sue - I don't know why we get hit with so many losses so fast. I do not look for meaning in anything now, apart from 42 and IIWII.
With you in spirit, rant all you need here, long or short, we are listening 💜 💜 💜

Thank you Tillie

Mom is signed up for hospice. She seemed ok with it. DD and I went over last night and spent some time.

This morning I go and meet her new Dr. Fill him in on background etc and hopefully get her more comfortable.

Then I do have to do some work stuff.

Yesterday afternoon DS came over. We didn’t work out. He just listened to me and we goofed off. It felt amazing.

Hugs

I love that term "goofed off" - as adults we just don't always do enough of this!

Very sorry, Sue. Those lessons we learn come with too high a price.

Got to meet the new Dr yesterday and I just love him. So gentle and kind. However Mom told him that ‘everyone was here yesterday and I felt like I was on death watch”. I told her no and later after he left I told her that I never meant to make her feel sad. So with that said, I will stay home today. I will call. DB will be going over and I know the home will call with any changes.

In other news, I fell on my butt yesterday taking the dogs for a walk. Got myself, don’t think it was the dogs. I’m fine, just a sore tush.

Today I will do a WO with DS and maybe we can get the van finished up. Not sure we will get to any other projects. No rush as I have to deal with this Mom stuff first.

Onward and upward.

Hugs all

Well today S*cked. Mom passed this evening. I was with her as was my DS/DD, DB/SIL/their son. She’s flying free and no more pain.

The trifecta isn’t something I ever thought possible. Well I did, but really when does that happen. My husband, father and mother is the space of just over 6 month

I’m just devastated.

Oh Sue what can be said to soothe such a devastating pain but send you love

I am so sorry Sue, I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Kate

Thank you my friends. I think the hardest thing last night was I just wanted someone to wrap me in their arms and hold me tight. Yes, both of my kids did that, but it’s their loss too. I just keep thinking our spouses are supposed to be there for us (assuming we have one) when our parents go. I just felt and still do, so alone. My very best friend is in FL and can’t get here. My neighbor behind me who I would classify as next in line friendship wise is out of town attending her own brother’s funeral. She doesn’t even know yet. I’ve told her husband, and he knew about hospice, however her brother was a complete surprise so I wanted her to deal with that and not think about me. I know she’s going to be mad when she finds out, but whatever. Her husband said he would find a good time to let her know.

Life

Sue, I am so very sorry. This is just too much for a person to handle over such a short time. You and your family are in my prayers.

Sharon

Oh Sue, I'm so very very sorry. It just doesn't seem possible and there are no words to truly express how much I feel for your terrible trifecta of loss. 💜 😪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back