Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike so sorry about the color, but it’s just me in there now.

I’ve gone very simplistic and trying to get my other rooms to be that too. Of course that will take a lot of work. Now looking at big furniture makes me feel boxed in.

I always dreamed of a library full of books, but now when I look at pictures like that I can’t stand it. It looks very cluttered and not relaxing at all.

Things change and challenges we face change them as well.

I am doing my new bedroom in pink and brown... definitely not what Cliff would have chosen, lol! I hope you enjoy your new room as much as I am.

Sooner that sounds beautiful. I’m pretty sure Brian would not have liked what I just did either. It’s mine now and needs to be healing.

What’s nice is most of it is very neutral with the white and gray so even if I move and can’t paint right away, it should go with most anything on the walls.

Have a lot of work planned for the day today. Gotta get moving.

Yesterday was hugely busy and man am I sore today from it. We managed to get the landscape fabric and mulch down on the side bed and the other plantings I have done. The bed is about 42’ long and we went through 31 bags of mulch. I lifted most of those from the van to the yard. A very good WO.

That’s one thing Brian’s van is still very useful for, hauling mulch in the center where the chair would be. However, I really don’t want to pay the owners fees, inspection and insurance on a van to use once a year to haul mulch :). That has to be one of th next projects, getting it cleaned and sold.

We also need to do the area under the deck. We just plumb ran out of time yesterday to get that far. That’s on Tuesdays agenda. Also, the deck railing is completely scrubbed, now I need to do the stair railings for the deck. Then I can put that area to bed.

It’s raining today and supposed to most of the weekend, so I doubt any outside chores will happen today.

Hopefully DD and I can get over to visit mom today. I know she’d like that a lot.

Have a great day all

ha I get 10 cubic metres of mulch at a time dumped here in a truck 😄

Tillie I went to a conversion chart and I did just over 10% of what you get delivered. YGG. That’s a lot of mulch, but I also know you have a LOT of land.

Yesterday we (DD and I) got the dogs out for a walk, then over to visit Mom. Home for lunch, a bit of putzing then walked to the store to get coffee and have coffee with a friend for a bit. Back to get some cleaning done. My office is just about set up. I also got the tags off of my new pillows etc. After dinner DD and I went for a walk at the local trail. When we got back from there I watched some Cesar Millan on TV. Ended the night with close to 21,000 steps.

This morning DD has to do a trail WO for a place she’s going to be running a class this summer. I will be going as one of her clients as will my DS and a friend of hers. It’s going to be a good cardio WO.

Have a great day all

Yesterday’s WO with DD was awesome. Very dynamic, just the kind of thing I like, as it seems more like play than work.

Work today, Willow is growing and housebreaking is still a trial. It will come 11 weeks old today, so she is still young. She will get there.

Have an awesome day all

Had a decent day yesterday. Went to work in the morning for a few hours. Got some things done around here, desk work type stuff that needed doing done.

Went to Bunco at the clubhouse last night. That was fun. Didn’t win anything this time.

Today Willow goes to the vet for her 2 set of shots. And I also bought Cesar (Dog Whisperer) book on raising the perfect dog. This one here is my biggest challenge. My 4th dog, so I’m not new at this, but Wow. So lots of reading in my future.

I also ordered a new utility sink that I need, so that once that comes, I’ll have DS give me a hand putting it in. That will help with getting ready to sell, should that happen.

Have an awesome day all.

Things are going well. Willow is getting the house breaking, but has not, as of yet decided how to let me know. For now, it’s mostly me getting her out after naps, meals etc. Time to start working on the bell.

I now have my under deck area completed for the inspection. I have to finish the deck railings. Maybe this afternoon, but it might rain, so....

Have some dirt we moved, that was too wet to really spread right, spread if it stays dry. Then I need to put down some grass seed there.

Not sure I mentioned I decided to cut back on my Zoloft. So far, so good. Just dropped it slightly, so no problems of note. One good thing from it is, the incessant hunger I was having is gone. I think it was do to how tired it made me. I think I was just going to something to try and ‘wake’ me up. Will continue for a few days at this level and if all is good, I will move it down again by another small amount. And the scale is starting to slowly creep downward again with this change - also good.

I definitely think getting the puppy was a very good thing for me.

Have a great day all

Things looking up and the scale going down. Good balance.

Thank you Wish.

I did get the deck railing finished yesterday, never rained until overnight.

DS will be coming today, so I hope to get in a good WO and then hope we can work on cleaning Brian’s van. I want to get it sparkling and off to the dealer to see if I can get it sold before I have to pay the registration in July.

Yesterday my new utility sink arrived. It doesn’t have to go in immediately, but it’s here. That can be a rainy day chore. I want to do things that need done while the sun is shining.

After I can get the van out of the garage, then I want to get the garage cleaned, really cleaned out. What a mess. Then DD can get her car in there. Plus there will be so much more space. The van is really way too big for the tiny garages we have here.

I’m still looking toward moving. This place is too big and the HOA is crazy and only getting worse by the year. I do love my house and my neighbors, but....

Have an awesome day all

Never got to the van yesterday. DS had things he needed to do at home.

Went to visit mom and even got her to outside a bit.

Today is shredding day. I have 5 boxes of work stuff that needs done. I also need to plant something and do some cleaning, esp the floors. Didn’t get enough sleep, so I’m moving slow.

Also found out my neighbor behind me and friend, her husbands cousin wants to move to this neighborhood, so possible buyer for my place if I do decide to move.

Have a great day all

Forward motion... that's what it is all about, it sounds like you are doing it Sue! I love your posts. It gives us a view of how to move forward. So glad the puppy is giving you joy.

The house is coming together... If and when the time comes that you want to sell and move, I am sure you will find a great place with equally good neighbors.

Thank you Sooner.

It’s been a busy weekend so far. Got some shredding of papers done on Sat. That always takes so long. I don’t have a huge shredder and I have to stop now and again because it over heats. I’m almost through 2 boxes and I have about 6 more to go. Blah.

Yesterday I went to DD’s BF’s grad party about 2 hours north. DS stayed with the dogs. I then came home again. It was nice to be able to meet his Mom and Dad and others from his family.

Today looks dreary, but it’s not supposed to be. However we will see what actually happens. I will work on shredding again. DD will be home sometime later today.

Have a great day all

do you then mulch with that shredded paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back