Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Nina, great to hear from you. I'm sorry your generosity wasn't appreciated by everyone, and that you still feel stiffness and pain. I hope you are walking and working on your diet, which can only help your life long.

It is normal to think of your mom, and forget she is not there, because she was there for your whole life and so important to you. As time goes on, you will be able to think of her fondly instead of crying, but I'm glad that you're using her memory to be more strong. She would be pleased by that.

Best,
Laurie

Nina - great to see you. I’m happy to hear you are getting out and having some fun. Yes, as Wish says, it will take time.

Wish - thanks for the positive vote.

Today was one of those days where whatever could go wrong did. So this afternoon I didn’t do anything of consequence. Will now go and watch some TV and relax.

I have noticed that my symptoms around my knees, leg gets worse when the weather changes, particularly when its about to rain. Anyway i dont want to bother you further. As ive said, if i have it i have it. Laurie hugs im sorry i have been a pain in the ass for many times, you hsve been been so good to me. I lost for about 4 kilos. Im trying. I definitely walk more, i also bike a bit.
Sue everything you write in your post i feel it. Also the feeling of ALS being so different like nobody can understand about it. I see my friends dismising my fears, and looking at me like im crazy. Wish i miss u and ur positive posts. Good morning and hugs.

Sue, I get the sugar binge, and I'm also more in-tuned to what food does to my body. I'm trying to eat better, and mostly drink more water. Staying away from sugar and things like bread helps, but sometimes you just gotta binge!

I've gone round and round about this house since I knew I was going to lose Matt. I've decided that I love it and will keep it for at least a few more years--or until it's just too much work.. LOL---frankly I want to enjoy the lake a bit before I move on!!!

I am trying to purge stuff. It's a process, and it's going to happen quickly. I suspect it will take me more than the year I planned on to get through everything at least once and get rid of "stuff".

I hope you were able to relax last night. Some days I just quit and park myself in front of the TV. I can't wait for better weather so I can get outside.

Yes the purging will take time, won’t happen over night so thoughts of moves are there, but on hold. Giving myself time to see if that is what is really best.

I too want the nicer weather. I want to find out what it’s like to enjoy my deck - never have. I also need to do some gardening too. Weeds are coming up already and I need to get the weed preventive and food out for the plants.

I did just relax last night. After my morning, I was a bit gun shy about tackling anything. :)

Have a great day all

Yesterday was a decent day. Got a good amount of things accomplished and a good convo with BIL who is running our business. Took some stress off of my shoulders. He and I are on the same page with similar goals moving forward. He has some good plans.

Today I head to the Dr. for a follow up on raising my Zoloft and DS will be here to help get some work done on the room and a good workout later.

However, this increased Zoloft has made me tired. I will have to see what she thinks about that. Maybe its just the sleep I’ve needed to catch up on, not sure.

Hugs all

I did get a lot done today and after catching up here, I’m headed out to do some weeding, feeding and weed prevention. The sun is shining and I feel well rested.

I did get a good night sleep last night and I think the increased Zoloft if finally kicking in. Had a good talk with the Dr about everything and we are sticking with this for now and see if the tiredness disapates.

DD’s opinion is that I was so anxious for so very long that I’m finally relaxing and that’s why I’m tired and she is probably very correct in that. I think as we work as CALS we don’t even realize where our own anxiety level is, because we just keep pushing forward.

Have a great day all

I did get that weeding done on Sat. Took most of the day. Wore myself out and I’ve been tired for 2 days.

I did get my work work stuff done and visited with Mom. Then I’ve pretty much chilled.

I was crushed to read of Chally’s passing. I will miss him, he was a great man.

Hugs to all

Yesterday was a strange day. I did get some things done, like a bunch of shelves out of the closet so we can paint. Then I did a lot of sitting in front of my iPad doing research.

Did a WO with DS and that felt awesome. Much needed.

Then last night I went to the clubhouse to play Bunco. I never have and my neighbor kept bugging me to go. I had a really nice time. Lots of fun and even won a nice prize.

The one gal there that lost her husband a bit ago I’m thinking about a year and a half, but you know how time flies. Gave me a huge hug of understanding. She also leads the Wine Dancing every other Thursday night and asked me to attend, so I’ll go down and check it out. Basically a dancing WO and I guess plenty of people bring wine as their choice drink. This woman is in incredible shape. She’s got a more than a few years on me and you’d never know it. 6 pack abs, the works. DD even said, she’d like to check out her closet.

Off to my volunteer thing today after doing some work. When I get home I plan to pack up my desk, or what I can of it to get back to the shop.

Hugs all

Sounds like some good steps forward...

Wine dancing sounds like my kind of workout!!!

I hope the move back into the office works well.

Spring...it's making me feel a lot better.

Yes Spring is helping a lot.

I knew you’d like the wine dancing idea Becky :)

Yesterday was good, and today was crazy busy. And I’m going to try the wine dancing thing here in bit.

Have a great night all

Well I didn’t go to wind dancing last night, I was just too tired, so I stayed home and chilled.

Today I did a WO with DS and then we got the desk moved back to work. That means I will experience a true weekend. I can’t wait.

Hugs all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back