Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sue sorry to hear things have been challenging. The odd advantage of Brian having been 15 years ahead of me is his parental care challanges were done almost before we met. Best wishes with the MIL situation!

The wrist, ouch! Glad it’s improving. Having had two surgeries for carpal only to be plagued by tendonitis I know well how nasty any wrist pain is. Take care of yourself first!

It's all I can do Tillie.

Lenore I'm trying, and I know I need to, it's just hard to watch.

I know it is hard to watch, that helpless feeling for sure. I hope your week is going alright Sue.

Thank you Lenore.

Week is ok. Went into work yesterday, that went ok. I was glad to leave early, I was done. Then today I remained at home. We had about 4" of snow overnight and the roads were a mess. The snow continued and i guess we ended up with about 6". I could not take a chance on falling. I will go in tomorrow, unless mother nature gives us messy roads again in the morning.

Wrist is ok. The PT is tough, and the skin is sore at and around the incision. Nothing that isn't expected, just hard in the winter and with basic lockdown. It felt so good to be at work yesterday and see some people. I will survive this, it's minor in comparison, just very annoying.

Hugs

Hi All,

Wrist is slowly healing. Can't wait until I'm released to drive again. I need to get out a bit, just for a change of scenery.

I've been to work approx 3 days each of the last 2 weeks, missing either for snow or wrist pain. I'm taking it slow.

Found out Thursday that my therapist is closing his practice by the end of the year. i'm hoping and praying I won't need to find someone new. He has been awesome.

I did spend Sat with DS, DDIL and DGD. She is so very precious. 8 months here in a couple of days. What a delight. It really warms my heart.

hugs

Thanks for posting
I/we are approaching that time, apprehensive.
appreciate your courageous voice.
Best wishes

Fredlevin, please don't stress too much about what’s coming. Everyone’s journey is very different, just as their CALS journey is different, because their PALS journey is different. Add in age, family/work responsibilities, many things change how we react. I don’t know how much of this thread you have taken the time to read. My circumstance was also influenced by losing my father just 2 months after losing my DH to ALS. Then my mother passes just 4 months after that. I had to handle the paperwork for everyone. It wasn’t really until the second year I was able to grieve and that had us in a pandemic. Leave the future in the future. I know that you will do awesome, just like you do as a caregiver.

Also, do be afraid to seek counseling during or after your journey. I found it very helpful and still do.

Hugs,

Back to work just about my full hours. Wrist is up and down. Yesterday and today were not good. Going through a rough patch at the moment.

I have therapy this week, so that’s a good thing. And I got my first COVID vac on Friday. Life moves onward.

hugs

Wrist is doing awesome.

I got to spend a good bit of time with my DGdaughter this week. DS came into help at work as I was down 2 employees - one of them with Covid.

Now they are dropping like flies. I have one with a test pending/results tomorrow and one that got results today. I have a third that may need tested and she had completed her vax 3 weeks ago. Crazy times.

DD is doing well in her job and enjoying life.

Trying once again to move forward, this week has been an up week other than my HOA, but we are not going there.

Take care everyone and be kind to yourself. There is no time limit and schedule you need to follow with your grief.

Hugs

Thanks for your generosity of spirit. It’s so helpful as we move through the end stages.
BTW, started counseling right after diagnosis, five years ago. Recommend to anyone, professional help is a big pillar. That, plus core group of friends and family keep this doable.
Be safe all of you.

Sue it's so good to see you. Crazy times indeed.
It's never a linear thing, this grief madness, more like a big messy scribbling 🤭

Im glad to hear you are doing ok. Keep strong.

Had an up and down weekend again. I know it’s from all the time with my granddaughter. Brian wanted grands so badly. It’s so hard. Some days I feel like I’m moving backwards instead of forwards.

Tillie I love your comparison to scribble.

Good new, another grand is on the way. DS/DDIL with their second. They were not planning this close (15 mo) but are thrilled all the same. They are desperately looking for a larger home. Real estate here is a mess, things going before you even finish looking at the place and bidding wars on things that are already over priced. It’s insane.

Congrats on the baby news! I'm sure Brian is enjoying seeing you with them from beyond.

I'm with ya on the messy scribbles. Good description, Tillie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back