Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all.
Part of today’s boredom therapy will be logging into work and playing a bit of catch up with bills and such.

I also have to get W2’s submitted to both IRS and State by end of the week.

Don’t have Netflix. Cancelled it after DH, and DD finished school. Not a big TV watcher. Wasn’t using it myself at all.

Will do work in spurts.

Hugs

My DD gave me her Netflix login - I'm not much of a watcher either but it's handy to have access to it.

Working in spurts sounds wise just now. Glad you are making it through each day.

Having a rough morning. Was off all pain meds by Tuesday night I believe, good but uncovered a back issue I didn’t know I had. Will speak to the Dr on Wed when I go. I can stand walk and lay fine. Sitting hurts.

Struggling. Not sure how Brian or any of our other PALS do it. They are very mentally strong people.

Hugs

hugs Sue - pain is a terrible thing 💜💜

Hi Sue,

Just a quick note to let you know I hear you. I think it is great that you have wonderful friends here that are so supportive and continually loving on you through this tough stretch.

Even the most mentally strong people struggle. You are mentally strong, and struggling. Wishing you a speedy recovery with the wrist, and hoping the back issue was just a tweak of some sort.

Jon

Thank you Jon.

I think the back is related to the original fall, but was buried by the intese wrist pain and then pain meds. i will speak to the Dr about it tomorrow when I go.

As long as i mostly stand or lay, the back is decent.

Hugs

Not sure I mentioned that my MIL fell last Monday trying to catch a pepper that was falling. ER visit, cracked veretebra. Pain has been really bad. Back to the ER tonight, MRI, actually 2 fractures. Consult happening tomorrow, she was admitted. Will know more then.

I'm hoping after stitch removal tomorrow that I can help out a bit when she gets home. I also offered to have her come here. My famous SIL was at it again, says she can't spend 24/7 with her mother. My MIL is a saint, helped me so much with Brian. She was here after I broke my wrist to run the vac and help me. Her rehab will be limited. Guess that's why this SIL was hardly here with Brian either. Makes me very sad.

Have a great night all,

Oh, Sue, so much on your plate. So sorry about your MIL. That sounds really painful. I know you will work out whatever works best for both of you, your SIL notwithstanding. --Laurie

Thank you Laurie - I just hope this week make SIL more willing to let DMIL come here. I don't want her in a facility right now, esp when I've got the proper space, etc.

never really ends, just moves from one thing to another doesn't it Sue? 💜

Tillie you are correct. I think there are those of us just destined to have certain things in our lives.

MIL has a back brace, better med routine and will be in hospital for a few days, then it sounds like off to rehab. It is what it is, not my decision to make.

My stitches are out and my own rehab begins. Can’t drive and no lifting over 1lb. Work ROM.

hugs

Sue, sounds like rehab is the best place and she can do that side of healing while you get your wrist back, then maybe she can come to you to transition after rehab. Don't you lift anything heavy now! 💜💜💜

Tillie - just spoke with my MIL. She is at rehab and not happy. She says she doesn’t get much PT there. DD said it’s only an hour. Then they are understaffed, they want her to get up but her walker is across the room. Nothing is near her. She said she should hire my DS to do her exercise at home. She said she might try it for a week.

I told her that she needs to do what is best for her healing and if the girls say otherwise, she needs to remind them she’s the Mom. So who know what will happen.

it’s interesting because no one called to tell me she was moved or where to. I’m keeping my mouth shut.

As to me. Wrist is improving every day.

hug

not an easy situation - just put all into your wrist first up and stay warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back