Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks 2 years since Brian gained his Angel Wings. It still feels like yesterday most of the time. I think having dealt not only with his death, but that of both of my parents within 6 mo of his passing really threw me for a loop. I spent the following year dealing with all the paperwork, and Covid of course.

I'm hopeful that 2021 will find me able to make new friendships and move forward from where I am in the grieving process. I know everyone is different and most of my days are happy, but i get pitched too and fro quite frequently at times. There are things I still can't bring myself to do.

I had planned on moving, but the housing market here went stupid, then covid, then DS and DDIL started looking. Then due to Covid DS now needs a new job. So until he find that, the direction they move could vary. I will wait to see where they end up.

I really don't like being in limbo, however I feel that way at times.

I did grow a nice container garden on my deck this summer. That was fun and fulfilling. I hope to do that again next year. I also hope 2021 finds me able to join some groups with activites I enjoy in hopes of making that friendship idea a reality.

With DD now in SC and DS consumed with his precious little one, I do feel rather alone at times.

I know with time all of this will get better. I'm still working with a therapist as well. And I'm sure the length of time we dealt with this monster, due to the vent also has played a part in my recovery.

I wish you all as wonderful as possible holidays given the pandemic. Love on your families, all of the them.

hugs

2 years, hard to believe isn't it.
Much love and hugs to you Sue. Still so very fresh and raw such a short time later.

Thinking of you today, Sue!

I find myself just having to roll with the punches too.

Fingers crossed for a brighter 2021!

Hugs 💕

Thank you Tillie and Jrzy. Your thoughts mean the world to me.

I am definitely hoping for a brighter 2021

and so say all of us Sue 💜

Doing ok for Dec. I think mostly because we did our Christmas on Thanksgiving and I am not a part of the fray.

Hoping everyone here is doing well.

Been keeping myself busy with knitting and working on a jigsaw puzzle.

Take care

Glad you are doing OK Sue.
I will actually get to see 3 of my kids over xmas, no locked borders anymore. Providing the flooding that is setting in now is over ...

Tillie that will be awesome, I am so happy for you.

As Christmas draws closer, I’m starting to struggle a bit. I was doing well until this weekend. DD wound be able to be home. I will miss her. It will be very quiet waking up Christmas Day alone. I will be with DS, DDIL, her mom and my sweet granddaughter on Christmas Eve. It’s just hard as I also won’t have my parents to visit either.

I keep trying to keep DD’s spirits up that life goes through changes as she is missing being home as well. I need to take my own advice.

I’ll be praying for everyone here as I know the holiday won’t be the easiest.

In case I don’t get back here this week, Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year. Hopefully one with less COVID and more time for friends.
Hugs

Merry Christmas, Sue! I am thinking of you and all my friends here this holiday season.

I'm struggling too. Not a single decoration up yet. I just so want the world to right itself again.

Sending big hugs 💕

Jrzy, if ever a year we needed things to be right side up, this was the year. Trying to navigate grief along with the pandemic, it’s quite the tight rope walk. I’ll be thinking of you.
hugs

Thinking of you both Sue and Jrzy.
Everything went pear-shaped here and borders to QLD closed yesterday afternoon. I'm still not clear on whether or not my kids will be able to get a border pass to come on Friday. I'm cooking from today forwards as though they can.
I admit I did have a little cry last night, but this world is changed forever it seems, first by ALS for us personally and then by covid for everyone.
I will have a lot of koalas as I'm having 5 arrive from the hospital sometime on Thursday, so I'll be kept amused. However part of their reason for coming here is to be dehumanised so it's not like they need a lot done for them 🐨😊🐨

Oh, Tillie! I hope your kids make it home. That's the only bright spot I have.

My DS got home yesterday, DD2 expected tomorrow if the weather cooperates, and DD1 on Wednesday. DS already had COVID in Sept. Thankfully, not too bad. DDs and I got tested, but I know that still is no guarantee. But, this will be the last time we'll all be in this house together. I'll post my own update soon. Don't want to hijack Sue's thread.

Will be thinking of you all. ❤️

Jrzy you are fine to hijack all you like.

Tillie, I’m praying your girls made it home to you. It’s hard being alone.

Jrzy I hope all of yours made it as well.

I agree about the world being changed. Keep praying it isn’t so though.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending what you celebrate.

hugs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back